The Spy Collection: The Prisoner, The Protectors, The Champions, The Persuaders!
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Get ready for international intrigue, secret agents, amazing gadgets, superhuman powers, evil villains, and thrilling face-offs as the heroes of this four-series collection travel the world to battle for justice and avert disaster.
The collection of debut episodes includes Roger Moore and Tony Curtis as wealthy playboys who unravel criminal cases in THE PERSUADERS; Patrick McGoohan’s classic and mysterious British series THE PRISONER; THE CHAMPIONS, a trio of crime fighters with special powers bestowed by a lost Tibetan civilization; and Robert Vaughan as a London private eye in the stylish series THE PROTECTORS.
Intelligent, intriguing characters, exotic settings, and fabulous cars – this is some of the most inventive and best-loved television ever produced.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Good Value For the Money I paid!
However THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE COLLECTION!
You Only get a few episodes of each Series!
If you are a serious about collecting each series in its entirety,
then keep looking.The manufactures advertising is somewhat misleading.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Dec. 2008 Update: The product is now listed on Amazon.com, complete with a full list of contents. A&E has also provided a full description of contents. Based on contents, I would upgrade my rating to ****. As is usual with A&E offerings, don't expect subtitles.
This megaset contains:
* The first 13 episodes of The Persuaders!, which equals "Set 1", a $36 value (as of Dec. 2008). If you love Roger Moore in the Saint, you will like him in The Persuaders!. Series features the world's largest telephone answering machine. Near the end of the series, see a cameo appearance of Mr. Moore's young daughter. An enthusiastic glove-wearing Tony Curtis crosses the pond as the improbably named Danny Wilde. He runs circles around Roger Moore who, by the end of the series, had Bond, James Bond, on his mind.
* The first 15 episodes of The Champions, which equals "Set 1", a $72 value (as of Dec. 2008). A bit more zing than The Persuaders!, this set will help you get in touch with your heightened super-powers. Darth Vader, or, at least, the actor who played him, makes a guest-appearance. A bit like the Avengers.
* The first 26 episodes of The Protectors, which equals "Season One", an $80 value (as of Dec. 2008). Robert Vaughn escapades his way across Europe in these 30-minute slightly out-of-focus episodes.
* 3 episodes of The Prisoner -- a great way of sampling this series, but you really need to buy the complete set so you can join the rest of us in being upset with the final episode.
The megaset is a good deal and a sensible buy, because, if you like what you see, you can complete your sets by buying the second set in each of the three respective series (The Prisoner excepted).
One final problem: it is called "The Spy Collection" on the box, but is listed as "The Spy Collection Megaset" at Amazon and as "Cult TV Spy Collection" at A&E.
For six bucks, who can complain? These disks are full of clear, first rate transfers to DVD as opposed to the grainy
mess you usually expect from such collections, these look like they were made yesterday. This set is a bargain. Do the math-
over 38 hours of early British spy series for this price is a steal. It may well satisfy your urge, or serve to whet
your appetite for more of a certain series -ether way, you wont be sorry.
tv series ever made! Curtis and Moore made a great team. This series
should've been on for years. I got this set for The Protectors and
The Prisoner which I haven't seen since I was a kid. The Champions
I don't recall but would like to see it. I thought this was a great
package for the price to see these shows again. If your a fan of
these kind of tv shows this is a great package to start with.
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure > Espionage
- Movies & TV > Drama > Boxed Sets
- Movies & TV > Mystery & Suspense
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > British Television > British Cult Television
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Drama
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Mystery & Suspense