- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Therapy of Education: Philosophy, Happiness and Personal Growth Hardcover – Dec 26 2006
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
'At a time when it seems that everyone, at whatever level of society, has fallen behind the banner of Business, blindly caught up in its ruthless and deadening rationality, it is such a relief to find writers so able to resist the trend. They remind us of a humane culture we seem to have forgotten, and their intelligent and illuminating understanding of the relations between education and 'therapy' sweeps away many of the absurdities that have over the past two or three decades invaded both.' David Smail former Special Professor in Clinical Psychology at the University of Nottingham, and author of Illusion and Reality: the Meaning of Anxiety and Taking Care: an Alternative to Therapy.
About the Author
PAUL SMEYERS is Professor of Education at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium.
RICHARD SMITH is Professor of Education at the University of Durham, UK.
PAUL STANDISH is Professor of Educational Studies, University of Sheffield, UK.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Education Theory > Educational Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Psychotherapy, TA & NLP
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Consciousness & Thought
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Textbooks > Education > Educational Philosophy
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Religious Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychotherapy