- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Thief of Time: Philosophical Essays on Procrastination Hardcover – Apr 3 2010
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"This collection is good reading for anyone who would like to do philosophy on the subject of procrastination or who seeks to procrastinate her work by reading interesting things." --Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews
About the Author
Chrisoula Andreou is Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of Utah. Mark D. White is Professor in the Department of Political Science, Economics, and Philosophy at the College of Staten Island, CUNY.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
That said, the book is very much worth reading. There are discourses on procrastination from the standpoints of biology, psychology, history, anthropology and, of course, philosophy -- The essays look at topics like: Why do people procrastinate? Is procrastination a bad thing? Can procrastination drive creativity? This is NOT a book one will sit down and read in one sitting. It is sometimes densely written; it is moderately academic/intellectual in its approach (not a self-help book!); and it is nearly always thought-provoking. At the risk of making a time joke, I definitely believe this book is worth finding the time to read. It just takes some work and dedication to get through it all.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Linguistics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Consciousness & Thought
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Ethics & Morality
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Movements > Humanism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Applied
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Linguistics
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy > Ethics