biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night s Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Audio CDChange

TOP 100 REVIEWERon November 4, 2009
For having so many greatest hits packages, the first question is why another? 2009 is the 50th Anniversary of the Bee Gees and the first time they announced that they would, after all, reunite as the Bee Gees. When Maurice Gibb passed away in 2003, it was declared the Bee Gees were over and Barry and Robin went their separate ways. This is a celebration.

The nicest surprise is that fans are now given an official video disc of 18 of the Bee Gees more popular songs. "Spicks & Specks" is the original grainy black and white version, but "New York Mining Disaster 1941" is a rare clip, interspersing montages of children and coal miners which is a more direct reference to the lyrics. "Tomorrow, Tomorrow" represents the year the Bee Gees temporarily lost Robin but is a great song from their TV special "Cucumber Castle" and a nice addition even if a bit fuzzy. "For Whom The Bell Tolls" is one of their under appreciated gems and this video is one of their best (I miss "When He's Gone" as a video). "Still Waters Run Deep" is a rare video in that it is the single version of the song with an electronic harpsichord (not the album version). However, the most professional video has to be "Alone" with its images over the years spliced into the song.

The sound is far superior to all previous releases (other than the videos), including Tales from the Brothers Gibb and The Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits: The Record. It appears that `most' of the songs chosen were all in the Top Twenty either in the USA or the UK. This makes for a nice Anniversary Edition, even if you already own most of these songs. The box is (as most are nowadays) a cardboard foldout with a slipcase. But the insert has a nice write-up from Sir Tim Rice with some photos of the group as they progressed over the last fifty years. Its not extensive, but gives enough information to sum up the Bee Gees career (so far).
on January 30, 2011
I was a little unsure about buying a product that was previously owned, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised at the great condition of the CD I purchased...I would recommend this way of shopping to everyone....
At my parents 50th wedding anniversary celebration held the other evening, we saw some folks that we used to go to in the summer and head to their cabin on a lake near Westlock Alberta. Now what does that have to do with this? Well it was the first time that I heard, really, the Bee Gees. They had a tape of one of the albums and I put it in and then put the tape player (independent one) into a basket on a bike and rode back and forth on the dirt road beside their place and totally loved the music! This is an excellent package and would never be a mistake for anyone to get and add to their collection, guaranteed! I have their last 'live' album from when they had their concert on Vegas and heard even more, that I had never heard before and I loved it, obviously still do, and it was not even a question if this package would be excellent to have and as it arrived, after listening to it, I was not disappointed!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon February 18, 2015
This wonderful set of two CDs is filled with hits, many of them are number one hits. This offering includes two of the most beautiful songs ever performed: How Can You Mend A Broken Heart and Too Much Heaven.

The live harmony of these three brothers will never be repeated, but at least we have it to enjoy forever!
on November 28, 2009
I never purchased anything by the Bee Gees but this combo on disk has great music. It comes with a 3rd disk which I have not watched. Our type of music is from the 50's and mine is more in the 70's.
on May 15, 2013
This cd includes all of my favorite BeeGees songs, from Words, Tragedy to Heartbreaker, I never tire of their music. The booklet included has a biography and a few pictures of the brothers as well as a list of all the songs clearly identified. This will replace my old cassette that skips now and then.
on May 23, 2013
they are in a class of their own. when you hear the bee gees you know who they are ! today , everybody sounds the same-no distinct talent. these guys bring realization as to how much talent they have in their writing, composing and producing. sets their generation apart. love them !
on August 23, 2015
Great anthology of the Bee Gees early music and also the later music during the disco era. I loved both times so I felt this was a must for my library of cd music. I recommend this to anyone who wants a very complete collection of the Bee Gees music.
on December 12, 2014
I was a small child during the DISCO era. What really sticks out in my mind about that time are the BEE GEES/ They were 3 masters of dance. This collection is NOT just disco but their hits before & after the era of dance. The price is right.
on March 8, 2014
Cheesy disco goodness, for a blast from the past this was great, play it while doing the housework and before i know it i'm dancing and singing along.