Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook Kindle Music Deals Store NFL Tools

The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$23.50+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

We all know the story of the brilliant yet tortured Van Gogh. His mind blowing creativity was only matched by bouts of deeply destructive depression. We've also become accustomed to hearing gossip about rock stars, artists, actors, and writers whose drug use, alcoholism, or suicide make the evening news. It seems the pairing of creativity and self destruction is a natural one.

The Van Gogh Blues doesn't seek to break this stereotype. Instead, it looks to examine the reason why creative people tend to have such extreme highs and lows. The answer seems so obvious that most of us probably would never have thought of it.

People who create tend to put all of their effort into their work. I do it myself, I can sit for hours and just type fully immersed in my own words and thoughts. Having such clarity of focus and such a single minded drive is fantastic.

However, once the project is complete, the creating is done. Suddenly, there is no more purpose. The individual is suddenly lost without any sort of direction. I can relate. I always know it's time to get back to my writing when I start to get depressed. Over time, I've learned that I have to a project. I have to create.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
as a visual artist, this helped me tremendously when I was in a deep depression a few years back... got me back out of the hole and into the studio again.
on May 26, 2013
A great book for all of us depressed artists who think we can do nothing with our lives.
Paint...Paint
If Van Gogh can do it, without an ear, so can we.