- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Washington Consensus Reconsidered: Towards a New Global Governance Hardcover – May 6 2008
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Excellent Richard Blackhurst, World Trade Review, Volume 8/2 --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
About the Author
Narcis Serra is the President of the CIDOB Foundation. During this time, he has been the driving force behind the creation of the Barcelona Institute for International Studies (IBEI), which was founded with the desire to make Barcelona a centre of reference in the study of this discipline. Currently, he is the President of Caixa Catalunya and Chairman of the Board of the National Museum of Art of Catalonia (MNAC). He has previously served as Mayor of Barcelona, was Spanish Minister of Defence in the Government of Felipe Gonzalez, and in 1991, he was named Vice President of the Spanish Government. From 1986 until 2004, Narcis Serra was a Deputy for Barcelona in the Spanish Congress. Joseph E. Stiglitz was awarded the Nobel Prize in economics in 2001 and is University Professor at Columbia University where he founded the Initiative for Policy Dialogue in 2000. He was Chair of President Bill Clinton's Council of Economic Advisors from 1995-97 and Chief Economist and Senior Vice-President of the World Bank from 1997-2000.His best known recent publications include 'Making Globalization Work' (2006), 'Fair Trade for All' (2005), 'Globalization and its Discontents' (2002) and 'The Roaring Nineties' (2003).
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
The book is therefore difficult to summarize as each individual essay has their own thesis, writing style, arguments, etc... The authors, to each their own, are some of the leading economic theorists of our time, including but not limited to John Williamson, Joseph Stiglitz, Paul Krugman, Jeffrey Frankel and more.
If you want to learn more about the macroeconomic theory behind the Friedman style economics, beyond the coles notes version you get in popular books like the "Shock Doctrine" of Naomi Klein, than this book is for you.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Development & Growth
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > International
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics > Policy & Current Events
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > International > Relations
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Development & Growth
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > International > Economics
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Business Development
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Economics
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > International Business
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > International Relations
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Public Policy