Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Home, Kitchen and Garden Gift Guide

on April 13, 1998
When I was pregnant with my first child, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. The dietician gave me strict instructions about what to eat -- something like two starches and three proteins and one fat for breakfast and on through the day in a similar vein - with little help as to how to translate that code into real-life eating.
This is where The Art of Cooking for the Diabetic came in. This book provided me with straightforward, easy-to-follow advice not only about food exchanges, but also exercise (important for pregnant women) and eating out (very helpful for the working mom).
And the recipes! I found I could still eat pancakes (Leningrad Special Buckwheat Pancakes) and pizza (sausage mini pizzas) and pasta (pasta with tomatoes and chicken) and, of course, dessert (raspberry mousse). My non-diabetic husband did not feel the least bit diet-deprived. In fact, even though my gestational diabetes has now disappeared, we still refer to Cooking for the Diabetic for some favorite dishes.
on December 9, 1999
This book provides such a wealth of information to anyone who is new to the world of a diabetic. It answered so many questions that I had and didn't know where to go for the answers.
With all the new products on the market, this updated version takes the pain out of grocery shopping in the supermarket skills section.
I bought three copies....One for my mom, one for a friend and one for myself and we all agree...Bon Appetit!
on September 29, 2000
I tried recipes from this book and they are awefull. Funky combinations that do not work. Some of the recipes are very basic and may appeal to people who do not like exotic or fancy food. For better recipes and recipes that offer more variety, flavor and flair, I like the American Diabetes Association Diabets Cookbook and Joslin's Diabetic Gourmet Cookbook.
on April 6, 2001
I bought the first edition of this book in the early eighties to use the recipe exchanges along with "Eat and Stay Slim" by Better Homes and Gardens. I still use it to this day and whenever I serve meatloaf or chicken a la king from it I get compliments and folks want the recipes! Many of the recipes are easy to make and the kids love them.
on January 13, 1999
I was just diagnosed with type II Diabetes. My first stop was and I am so glad I came here. This book has shown me that there is culinary pleasure AFTER diabetes. THANK YOU!