summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools

Color: Blue|Change

on February 5, 2012
After getting burned buying mostly expensive and ending up tossing out lots of travel mugs that only last after 3-5 washes, I was a bit skeptical purchasing this travel mug.
First, it's expensive. Second, some travel mugs I have purchased and tossed are of the same brand.
However, after spending time reading good reviews for this mug and how to maintain this properly - I decided to give in.
Lo and behold, this product expected my expectations and I believe brought back my faith that there's indeed a leak-proof travel mug!
My lunch box accidentally got tossed and turned as I drive several times already and never had spill issues. And my coffee is still warm after long hours - over 5 hours is the longest I have seen so far.
It's been almost two months and I still believe this is my best Thermos purchase ever. Worth every penny!
on June 21, 2013
I have had my mine for three years and I have taken it on MANY work trips from Okinawa to the North Pole (on an icebreaker). The mug is at least as good as any thermos mug I have ever seen or tried. There are only two problems with the mug.

1. It is hard to hold, that is, you can't have it in your hand and pick up anything else. I have braided a loop onto the narrow part of the body and it works just great now.

2. Someone, I won't mention who but it starts with W and rhymes with wife put my mug in the dishwasher. I think it is the heated dry cycle that makes the paint flake off. I don't really care because it makes it look kind of badass but you might not like it.

Other than that it is a super mug. Mine is bashed up, bent, doesn't stand up very straight on it's misshapen foot (dropped many times before I braided the lanyard) and is more shiny stainless than the lovely midnight blue it was when it was new and it still keeps my tea hot for hours.

I had it in an igloo on the Beaufort sea and everyone was with me bought one as soon as we got back down south. I just can't decide whether to get a new shiny one to replace my good ole, just broken in fav.
on January 6, 2012
We've had our mugs for a couple of days and we are very impressed.

Its is a great product. It keeps my tea hot for ages and does not drip at when the lid is shut. You can flip it right over and shake it, nothing comes out!
on June 12, 2016
Very well built Thermos. Does exactly as it says in keeping cold liquids cold and hot liquids hot. I have used it many times and have often surprised myself on just how well the heat retention works. It does a great job and is rather easy to clean.

The outside of the product is well polished and by no means comes off as cheap. I can recommend this product to anyone seeking a high quality thermos that is likely to last a few years minimum.
on January 16, 2016
This mug has a lovely colour and keeps hot liquid hot for hours. I find the lid a bit difficult to remove if it's been on for a while. And I've had difficulty getting the glue off from the packaging - such a shame!

One hint: I tried water on the first mug and the glue has never come completely off. My partner helped me get the glue off the second one before I washed it and that worked much better.
on April 13, 2013
Read the other reviews before buying it. Thanks to those that gave their review. Excellent product. Leak-Proof, yes it is. Once you have that notch in the close position, you can have this travel mug turned upside down and none of your precious coffee would be spilled. And as the others have said, it keeps your coffee hot. I haven't had my coffee sit in the mug for 4-5 hours but I have had it in there for at least 3 hours and it was still hot.

For $20 bucks it is a pretty good deal since I've seen them selling for about $28 in retail stores. What I like is that it is what they say it is. As advertised "Leak-Proof" and it keeps your coffee hot as what others have said in their review. Dislikes - None. I'd recommend it to anyone that wants a really good travel mug that they can use for work without any worries of ever spilling their coffee or whatever is in it.

I liked it so much I bought 4. Two for me and the wife and the other two for my brother and his girl friend. That's it for my review. Hope it helped...
on December 23, 2015
Well I just got this mug yesterday. I actually enjoy it. It's something that you would carry with you in your car , your vehicle, or bring with you to work. This really is actually made to last .I put some coffee and it just just about 3 hours ago and still hot. The seal on it is pretty tight and the way it was designed is a very effective way of doing things as most mugs have a button on the side that wear out and break where as this mug you do not have to worry about that as the seal is on top with a switch that you can open and close and won't have any worries. To give you an idea of how big the mug is. If you go to Tim Hortons is about the size of an extra large cup or a(Venti ) large Starbucks coffee . It fits in a single serve coffee maker with no issues and takes up to 16 oz.to the line. Hope this helps and great product.
on June 2, 2013
This is better than any travel mug I have ever used.

It meets all the necessary requirements for a travel mug:
- Easy to clean (lid can be disassembled for proper cleaning)
- Keeps beverages hot way beyond reasonable expectations (be careful! It will surprise you.)
- Lid has a nice feel, and mechanism is simple to operate single handed.
- Lid mechanism actually seals and prevents spill. The design is well engineered, and because it can be properly cleaned there is no dirt build up that would break the seal.
- I chose this model because it did not have the handle, which makes it easily fit in any cup holder. Is available with a handle as well.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for an excellent travel mug!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 13, 2012
I received the mug from Amazon.ca the next day after ordering it. I chose this mug after doing a lot of online research. The quality is excellent, everything fits together perfectly, coffee stays hot for hours, and it feels like a million bucks in your hand. The colour is a very dark purple but most people think it's black. I like that the lid can be completely disassembled so it can be thoroughly cleaned, and is dishwasher safe. The dial to open and close the lid allows you to drink from 2 sides of the mug. When the dial is closed, the mug can be flipped over and nothing will spill out. My only complaint is that the mug is made in China. Besides that, I don't think you can find a better mug.
on March 1, 2014
I bought this in a set with a soup thermal container for $25 at Costco (no longer sold there). I liked it so much I bought a few more as a gift to all family etc. -- they all love it!

Positives:
All metal vessel with a high quality thermoset plastic lid. Holds heat well, comfortable to hold and drink from, fits in most cars cup holders. The top can be taken apart for easy cleaning of the valve mechanism. And it comes in two colors.

Negatives:
None, really; however, some people may have difficulty distinguishing the state (closed/open) and it comes in (only) two colors...

Conclusion:
I would recommend this Thermos to any coffee, tea drinker on the go.