Thread Magic Garden and over one million other books are available for Amazon Kindle. Learn more
CDN$ 20.03
  • List Price: CDN$ 31.95
  • You Save: CDN$ 11.92 (37%)
FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25.
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca.
Gift-wrap available.
Quantity:1
Add to Cart
Have one to sell?
Flip to back Flip to front
Listen Playing... Paused   You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition.
Learn more
See all 2 images

Thread Magic Garden: Create Enchanted Quilts with Thread Painting & Pattern-Free Appliqué Paperback – Feb 16 2012

See all 2 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
Amazon Price New from Used from
Kindle Edition
"Please retry"
Paperback
"Please retry"
CDN$ 20.03
CDN$ 18.02 CDN$ 21.42

Join Amazon Student in Canada

Frequently Bought Together

Customers buy this book with Radiant Landscapes: Transform Tiled Colors & Textures into Dramatic Quilts CDN$ 20.65

Thread Magic Garden: Create Enchanted Quilts with Thread Painting & Pattern-Free Appliqué + Radiant Landscapes: Transform Tiled Colors & Textures into Dramatic Quilts
Price For Both: CDN$ 40.68

Show availability and shipping details

Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought

NO_CONTENT_IN_FEATURE

Product Details

• Paperback: 112 pages
  • Publisher: C&T Publishing (Feb. 16 2012)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 160705261X
  • ISBN-13: 978-1607052616
  • Product Dimensions: 0.5 x 21.6 x 27.9 cm
  • Shipping Weight: 481 g
  • Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars  See all reviews (1 customer review)
  • Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #116,603 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

Inside This Book (Learn More)
Browse Sample Pages
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Back Cover
Search inside this book:

What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?

Customer Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars
5 star
4 star
3 star
2 star
1 star
See the customer review
Share your thoughts with other customers

Most helpful customer reviews

Format: Paperback Verified Purchase
I love the book have not been able to do anything from it yet The instruction looks clear and the pictures aare great Thank you
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback. If this review is inappropriate, please let us know.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again.

Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)

Amazon.com: 33 reviews
23 of 23 people found the following review helpful
Review of Thread Magic Garden Jan. 15 2012
By goldendog - Published on Amazon.com
Format: Paperback
I began reading a copy of Ellen Anne Eddy's new book, Thread Magic Garden, and I am just amazed! Thread Magic Garden is a book for free-motion thread painters (embroidery) and I have never seen a book go into so much detail! Eddy teaches how to make over 20 flowers and a dragonfly, gives examples of what to cut and how to lay the flowers out. She does her work on a stabilizing sandwich, cuts out the designs, and then, there is no puckering or distortion around such heavily stitched flowers. She then uses more embroidery to stitch the flower to the quilt.
Ellen Anne Eddy is well-known for her beautiful embroidered quilts, and in Thread Magic Garden, you can see much of her work, some on a small scale, so we can see the details much closer. Just looking at her work will amaze you, and with her instructions included, this is indeed an inspirational book!
[...]
15 of 15 people found the following review helpful
Excellent how-to-book Jan. 20 2012
By Margaret L West - Published on Amazon.com
One look at Ellen's artistry with thread and fabric and the first thought is--I could never do that! Ellen's book fixes that! The directions are clear and concise, a unique art form made simple. The photography is wonderful, the pictures of Ellen's work inspire all from the novice to the expert. Do not pass up this book if you yearn to do more with a sewing machine than just sew straight stitches. Ellen makes this an achievable art form!
11 of 11 people found the following review helpful
What a picnic! Jan. 18 2012
By windy - Published on Amazon.com
Take a picnic basket full of threads and fun fabric, and let Ellen lead you into her garden. Meet all the flowers and creatures that live there and take them home with the fantastic directions that Ellen has shared. What wonderful talents and simple tricks she gives to help us on our journey.
6 of 6 people found the following review helpful
Creating a visual path Feb. 10 2012
By Vivian terbeek - Published on Amazon.com
What a fabulous new book to add to my library. I loved Thread Magic. But Thread Magic Garden is even better. You seem to give away all your creative secrets in this one. I like that is reviews simple lessons in shapes and color theory and moves on to small and even large projects. It walks you through all the tools, threads, stitches, needles and supplies that you will use to creat these wonderful Art Quilts. I especially like the detailed instructions in full color photos.
I can hardly wait to creat a "Visual Path" through my very own etherial garden art quilt.
7 of 8 people found the following review helpful
Astonishing Jan. 23 2012
By Mary Harper - Published on Amazon.com
An astonishing book for we learners from this extravagantly talented artist, Ellen Eddy. She is as down-to-earth as can be, and her directions are clear to quilters everywhere. This is an incredible follow-through to Thread Magic. I admire the quality of this book. The pictures are good and instructions superb from this witty and brilliant woman. I am taking this to my quilting club so we can invite Ellen to come to town to give us her famous lessons.

Product Images from Customers

Search

Feedback