Timber Frame Construction: All About Post-and-Beam Building Paperback – Jan 5 1984
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
“If you’ve ever dreamed about building with timbers, this book will convince you that this method is not only beautiful and practical, but often less expensive than “stick building.” Includes dozens of illustrations and photos.” – Countryside & Small Stock Journal
From the Back Cover
If you have only dreamed about the beauty of building with timbers, this book will open your eyes. It will convince you that this method is not only practical today for homes and other buildings, but often is less expensive than "stick building."
Timber frame builder Jack Sobon and writer Roger Schroeder offer a book for builders as well as those wishing to have the work done for them. Here is practical how-to for both beginners and experienced carpenters who want to try this method. It offers:
- The basics of timber framing.
- How to design for strength and beauty.
- How to combine modern tools and time-tested methods.
- A starter project: How to build a 12 x 16 garden toolshed.
- Dozens of illustrations and photos that make it all easy to understand.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
If you're looking to attempt a fairly straightforward project without any real complex joints or design, this is probably the only book you'll ever need - a great primer and a great basic reference.
On the down side I could have used more explanation on what joints to use, the best cutting sequence and a greater description of where not to use them.
Overall though I recommend it.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Gardening & Horticulture > Outdoor & Recreational Areas
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Carpentry
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Home Design > Design & Construction
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Household Hints
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Construction