Time Management for Event Planners: Expert Techniques and Time-Saving Tips for Organizing Your Workload, Prioritizing Your Day, and Taking Control of Your Schedule Hardcover – Jun 2 2005
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More Praise for Time Management for Event Planners
"Judy presents specific ‘how to’ procedures and maps out the route to timely success in event planning. Time Management for Event Planners brings the concept of time management down to a practical level which can be applied to any event or to one’s personal life."
Rosecita Jeffers, CEO, Island By Design Inc., St. Kitts and Nevis
"Judy Allen’s expertise in creating larger-than-life events translates into a highly readable, inspirational volume of real-world time management tips for event planners. A must-read for event industry professionals."
Liz Ryan, President, WorldWIT/WorldWIT Radio, U.S.
"I am glad that we can have tools for the meeting industry. Getting things done is the most difficult part of the business. With her new book, Judy Allen positions planners at a managerial level and shows how to work in an effective way to track our productive time."
Wanda I. Hernandez, MBA, President, Caliope Events Management & Corporate Communications; President, Meeting Professionals International, MPI Puerto Rico Club
From the Inside Flap
Event planning never stops. This industry goes 24/7, 365 days a year. Planners work evenings, weekends, and holidays, often far away from their home base, organizing and running events that simply must go on, and go smoothly. Missing a critical deadline is not an option in the event planning field. Time management errors can cost a company a potential sale, lose them an existing customer, and damage their professional reputation.
Burnout and chaos are real risks in this hectic world of deadlines and multiple projects. Planners often find themselves working down to the wire against crushing deadlines and a mountain of obstacles that impede their progress. Too frequently, there is not enough time to get the job done properly, let alone to spend on personal or professional pursuits. And for many involved in the event planning field, there is the extra dimension of travel to factor in, juggling multiple projects on a daily basis across a multitude of time zones.
For smooth event implementation, and for business success, it is essential that planners know how to manage their own time as well as they manage an event. Time Management for Event Planners teaches readers how to successfully manage their workload, and do what matters most, when it matters most:
- Analyze and prioritize tasks.
- Structure your workload and your day for maximum performance.
- Identify red-flag activities that hinder productivity.
- Reduce stress-producing time crunches.
- Identify when extra help is needed, as well as how to delegate, outsource, and even partner with suppliers in crunch periods.
- Work with rather than against deadlines.
- Save time using technology.
- Manage multiple projects, even in multiple time zones.
- Balance your personal and professional life.
Whether you are an event planner, a hospitality professional, in public relations or other related fields, Time Management for Event Planners offers time-saving tips, techniques, examples, and expert insight that will help you get time on your side.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Time Management
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Books > Science & Math > Astronomy > Astronomy