- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Tongue Diagnosis in Chinese Medicine Hardcover – Sep 2 1999
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"A thorough, clinically oriented exposition of tongue diagnosis." -- American Journal of Acupuncture
"Will undoubtedly be the standard textbook on tongue diagnosis for many years to come." -- The Journal of Chinese Medicine
About the Author
Giovanni Maciocia is an acupuncturist and medical herbalist in Amersham, England, where he has practiced since 1973. He studied acupuncture at the International College of Oriental Medicine in Sussex (Bachelor of Acupuncture, 1974) and the Nanjing College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (Diplomate, 1980, 1982, 1987). Since 1979 he has been a contributing editor to The Journal of Chinese Medicine, and a frequent lecturer on Chinese medicine in Europe and the United States. His other books include The Foundations of Chinese Medicine, and Obstetrics and Gynecology in Chinese Medicine.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
IMHO, this is one of the most important books a student of TCM can have. I think it should be the 2nd book a TCM student buys. The first would be a good fundamentals book (such as Fundamentals of Chinese Medicine by Wiseman and Ellis).
The book also goes into some detail on why and how tongue characteristics develop. Tongue swollen, teeth marks visible along the edges? Suspect Spleen problems because the Spleen is not performing its function of transporting fluids in the body.
No photograph adequately can capture all the subtleties of tongue diagnosis. But the extensive collection of photos in this book do a good job of indicating what is meant by a pale tongue, a red tongue, a swollen tongue, a thick or thin coating, etc.
I recommend this book for serious TCM students and for people who want to learn how health problems can be revealed by the tongue.
Most recent customer reviews
I really liked this book, good quality pictures, simple explanations. I revue it all the time. A great help for tongue diagnosis.Published 6 months ago by HelenLac
Very thorough treatment of the subject, wonderful for Western students learning tongue diagnosis. Lots of clear photographs top illustrate each tongue presentation.Published 15 months ago by Prairie Gal
Another Giovanni book. He's like the Chinese Medicine Mafia - he's italian, he's everywhere, and he's never wrong. Yeah, right. Read morePublished on Jan. 24 2003 by Brian B. Carter
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Acupuncture & Acupressure
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Chinese Medicine
- Books > Medical Books > Alternative & Holistic > Acupuncture
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Diagnosis
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Pathology > Diseases
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Alternative & Holistic > Acupuncture
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Diseases
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Internal Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Physician & Patient > Diagnosis
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Alternative Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Diagnosis
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Diseases