Totally Bamboo 15-Inch by 10-Inch Pig Cutting Board
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Pig shaped bamboo cutting board; lightweight and attractive
- Constructed of high quality Moso bamboo; ecologically green alternative to wood; strong, dense and versatile
- Easy on knife blades
- Dishwasher safe; recommended that mineral oil be used after each wash
- Measures 15 by 10 by 3/8-inch
Totally Bamboo’s Pig Cutting Board is light, super strong, totally green … and all too fun. It is 5/8 of an inch thick, which means that it’s maneuverable and easy to store. It’s also durable, it offers tri-ply, cross laminate construction with a specially formulated high temperature adhesive. What more, this beautiful board is made of strong, eco friendly bamboo. The benefits of using bamboo are numerous. For example: bamboo is 16 percent harder than maple, yet easy on your knives, it’s naturally anti-microbial and it’s eco friendly, it holds the promise of a sustainable, cost effective, and ecologically responsible alternative to the widespread clear cutting of our old growth forests. Totally Bamboo uses organically grown Moso bamboo, so you need not worry about harmful pesticides or fertilizers. Plus, this bamboo is not a food source, or a habitat, for the Giant Panda. Totally good for you and totally good for the environment. What more? Board is easy to maintain. Wash with warm water and occasionally use Totally Bamboo’s Revitalizing Oil to extend life and keep it looking beautiful. Board measures 15-inch by 10-inch by 3/8-inch.
Top Customer Reviews
- It's cute
- It does it's job
- doesn't warp (only have used it about 10 times and put in dish washer)
- It smells. I guess bamboo smells more than wood? It's not really a pleasant smell. Nor is it a distasteful smell. But, personally, I do not like the smell
- the eye hole is kind of stupid. They should not have made it. Sometimes juices/particles can get in there.. And it's a little annoying because the particle falls through and onto the kitchen counter.. again, not a big deal, but still a con
- there are little cracks in the board =S hopefully that doesn't affect anything.
But, it doesn't seem as sturdy as bamboo may suggest. I think it's the way the board is put together.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The Totally Bamboo pig cutting board is solidly and sturdily constructed.
I've been told that it fits nice and comfortably on a ones lap, and that it's "really cute"...