Transformers: The Movie (20th Anniversary Special Edition) (Sous-titres français) [Import]
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Previously Enjoyed & Fully Guaranteed
During the 1980s, one cartoon series ruled the airwaves... The Transformers. This paragon of consumerism was created with a dual purpose--to entertain and to galvanize children to buy the toys. Somewhere along the line, the show became a cult favorite, so in 1986 they fashioned an epic tale of good versus evil specifically for the big screen. The result looked vaguely like an animated remake of Star Wars. Who are the Transformers? The good guys are the Autobots: Optimus Prime, SoundWave, Jazz, Ultra Magnus, and many more. Their mortal enemies are the evil Decepticons, led by Megatron and StarScream. The Autobots must save their home planet from an evil entity known as Unicron (voiced by Orson Welles). At the same time, they must defend themselves from an all-out attack from the Decepticons. Along the way, lives are lost, battles are fought, and a new Autobot leader is born as another dies. The story and action never stop in a thrilling ride that often makes you forget that you're watching an '80s cartoon with inferior graphics. The violence will also come as a mild shock to those who haven't seen this film for a while--definitely a movie for the 8 and over audience. For those who grew up on this series, this is a movie that must be watched. Unlike cartoon serials before and after, The Transformers relied on solid stories and interesting characters, a manifesto the film itself upholds with gusto and grace while also being morally responsible. Don't underestimate this movie; there is definitely more to it than meets the eye. --Jeremy Storey --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.See all Product Description
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The original DVD release from Séville pictures, and it's successor released by Rhino Home Video have nothing on this.
First and foremost: This edition is released by Sony, so you know they weren't scrimping on the reproduction of the film. It's a high quality transfer, great sound.
If you're going to shell out money on a Transformers: The Movie DVD, this is the one to get. However, there are a few things you should know about it:
1.) The "bonus footage and deleted scenes" are a small collection of clips, mostly test shots and unfinished scenes, and they show the promotional trailer of the film which features alternate versions of a few scenes, and ones that were cut out of the film. However, you've got the captions over top of everything and a commentary track you can't turn off.
2.) The presentation of Scramble City, additionally has a commentary track you can't turn off, so the original Japanese audio is lost, and you've got some guy from the Transformers Collectors Club and one of the anal-retentive G-1 purists from [...] going on about the difference between Japanese and American Transformers (with obvious contempt and/or disdain.) Additionally there are no English subtitles. So if you want to watch a Transformers episode dubbed over by two guys who's opinions you don't care about explaining to you what's going on, on the screen, then this is for you. As for myself, I would have preferred if they kept the original audio track and had subtitles in English. That would have been a nice touch.
3.Read more ›
Transformers The Movie is a modern myth, like Star Wars, only Star Wars is very limited in comparison to the Transformers. Like all good myths this movie has certain universal themes, the latter I shall describe below:
- The battle between good and evil (Autobots vs Decepticons)
- That wich transcends and unites good and evil (the infinte danger of Unicron that would wipe out all existence).
- A secret power from within, a spiritual essence (the Autobotmatrix).
- The transcendence of the hero (HotRod becoming Rhodimus Prime).
- The transcendence of the villain (Megatron becoming Galvatron).
- The exploration of an unknown realm (Cup and HotRod visiting Quintessa).
- The victory over the subconciouss mind (when Cup and HotRod are thrown into the Sharkticon pool they even go deeper, and drive in circles, thus creating a vortex wich throws the water out giving them free game to battle the Sharkticons).
- True comradry and friendship (well, this is just all over the movie).
- The rise and fall of pride (Starscream's coronation).
These are just a few wich are displayed but I think you have to watch the movie and decide for yourself. I rate this movie five stars because it is such a wonderfull myth (but a myth wich is greatly animated and highly entertaining and has fantastic music). And yes, maybe there are a few flaws like Starscream losing his foot and two seconds later there's nothing wrong with him and yes I would like to see some Unicron history but these are all details.
Till all are One.......
Most recent customer reviews
Excellent! I'll definitely go to these guys again if I've got a movie I can't find anywhere else; the have out of print movies. Everybody will have no problems here. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Mike
Looks amazing in HD and in widescreen. Really happy with this, and the special features are pretty great.
Worthy the big price tag, if you're a G1 Transformers fan.
Already gave a review. Everything is better then I though it would be. Got here before due dates. Was I excepted to be. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Richard Gumbley
This is a great movie to watch in high definition. Although this blu ray is a good one to watch, I enjoyed this anyhow.Published on Oct. 28 2013 by Kevin Barton
Great product. Highly recommeded. Prompt delivery. A bit pricey but hey, gotta make their money somehow huh? Awesome movie. Toally worth itPublished on March 11 2013 by Richard
This item received was in good condition. The only thing I did not like was the price showed on the website. Read morePublished on Dec 1 2011 by rani bains
I am very happy and satisfied with my purchase on amazon.ca.
They are really professionnal and effective. Buy Amazon.ca
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure > Kids & Teens
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Animation > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Animation > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Anime & Manga
- Movies & TV > Art House & International > By Country > Japan > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Cult Movies > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Cult Movies > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > 10-12 Years > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Adventure
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Animation
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Animation
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Futuristic
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Robots & Androids
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Sci-Fi Action
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Adventure