- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Transgender Studies Reader Paperback – Jun 9 2006
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"As both a prefix and an adjective, 'trans' goes over, across, and beyond, making the possibilities seem endless for trans(gender) studies. However, to advance or progress requires some point of departure. For trans(gender) studies to evolve, we must have a solid understanding of where it all began. The Transgender Studies Reader is indispensable for its ability to encapsulate the century of dialog that has become what appears to be a decade-old phenomenon."
― Brice Smith, Women's Studies Quarterly
About the Author
Susan Stryker is the Executive Director of the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Historical Society, and currently holds a Social Science Research Council Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Sexuality Studies in the History Department at Stanford University. Stephen Whittle is Senior Lecturer at Manchester Metropolitan University and coordinator of the United Kingdom FTM Network.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > History
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Nonfiction > Transgender
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling
- Books > History > Gay & Lesbian
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Gender Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Humanities
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Social Sciences
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Gender Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology