- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Transitions in Dying and Bereavement: A Psychosocial Guide for Hospice and Palliative Care Paperback – Jun 9 2003
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"the considerable experience of the contributors shines through. ... The book will be a valuable resource for all who work in hospice and palliative care, enabling and empowering them to further explore the psychosocial dimensions of the care we provide."--Roger Woodruff, Director of Palliative Care"Austin Health, Melbourne, Australia" (01/01/2001)
About the Author
Victoria Hospice Society, 1952 Bay Street, Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA, V8R 1J8. Providing quality end-of-life care, and teaching others how to provide that care, has been a Victoria Hospice Society (VHS) tradition since the organization was founded in 1980 in Victoria, British Columbia. As well as caring for those facing advanced illness, death, and bereavement, Victoria Hospice staff are also involved in provincial and national initiatives dedicated to palliative care training, research, and advocacy. In 1999, the Victoria Hospice Learning Centre for Palliative Care was formally established to work in partnership with other health care and academic organizations to advance excellence in palliative care. The Victoria Hospice program of care includes a 17-bed in-patient unit, a Palliative Response Team that provides 24-hour crisis to support to patients and families at home, a comprehensive bereavement program, and clinical consultation services to patients in other health care facilities. Victoria Hospice palliative care courses and publications, such as the textbook Medical Care of the Dying (1998), are valuable resources to professional care providers throughout North America. For more information, visit the Victoria Hospice website at www.victoriahospice.org.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
At a time when hospice is changing so radically (with so many for profit hospice and so many agencies "pretending to do hospice under the guise of home health" it is refreshing to see a group who has been able to embrace the totality of palliation and hospice in such a humanistic and holistic way!!!
Kudos to the staff at the Victoria Hospice Society. I hope you know how many other lives you changed as this book was published!!!!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Death & Grief > Grief & Bereavement
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Death & Grief > Hospice Care
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Death & Grief > Suicide
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Aging
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Hospice Care
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Home & Community Care
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Oncology & Cancer
- Books > Medical Books > Pharmacology > Pain Medicine
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Poverty > Social Services & Welfare
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Death
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Home & Community Care
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Oncology & Cancer
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Pharmacology > Pain Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Physician & Patient > Hospice Care
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Hospice & Palliative Care
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Pain Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Clinical > Home & Community Care
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Clinical > Oncology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Developmental Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology