- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Treatment Plans and Interventions for Depression and Anxiety Disorders, 2e Paperback – Oct 26 2011
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Evidence-based interventions--especially cognitive and behavioral therapies--will occupy a central role in the future of mental health care. Written by highly experienced clinicians and scholars, this volume (together with the included CD-ROM) has filled a crucial need since its original publication. The second edition provides up-to-date, hands-on recommendations and concrete guidelines for treating the most common anxiety and mood disorders using well-supported cognitive and behavioral strategies. This is a 'must-read' book for mental health practitioners of the 21st century and an essential teaching tool for future therapists in all disciplines."--Stefan G. Hofmann, PhD, Department of Psychology, Boston University
"This updated second edition incorporates the latest theory and research. The authors present a wide array of tried and tested techniques and show when and how to use them. The book includes detailed guidance on assessment and report writing and abundant material for direct use with clients. It should be part of every clinician's CBT toolkit."--Adrian Wells, PhD, Division of Clinical Psychology, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
"This is a well-written, concise, yet scholarly and informative volume that will be of great value to psychotherapy trainees and practitioners. The most important current information on cognitive-behavioral techniques for depression and anxiety is clearly summarized. Available clinical tools are presented in a very practical and user-friendly manner."--James E. Mitchell, MD, President, Neuropsychiatric Research Institute; Christoferson Professor and Chair of Clinical Neuroscience, University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences
"What an excellent resource! Comprehensive, concise, and easy to understand, the book offers a wonderful integration of theory, research, and clinical examples. A plethora of strategies and techniques are illustrated with session-by-session case studies. Essential reading for clinicians, this book should be a required text for any CBT course at the master's or doctoral level."--David Dia, PhD, LCSW, College of Social Work, University of Tennessee
About the Author
Robert L. Leahy, PhD, is Director of the American Institute for Cognitive Therapy in New York and Clinical Professor of Psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medical College in New York. His research focuses on individual differences in theory of emotion regulation. Dr. Leahy is Associate Editor of the International Journal of Cognitive Therapy and is past president of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies, the International Association for Cognitive Psychotherapy, and the Academy of Cognitive Therapy. He is the 2014 recipient of the Aaron T. Beck Award from the Academy of Cognitive Therapy.
Lata K. McGinn, PhD is Associate Professor of Psychology, Director of the Doctoral Clinical Program, and Director of the university-based CBT Program for Anxiety and Depression at Yeshiva University, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine. She is the author or coauthor of numerous publications on anxiety and depressive disorders and cognitivebehavioral therapy, including a book on treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Dr. McGinn is President of the International Association for Cognitive Psychotherapy, is on the boards of directors of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies and the Academy of Cognitive Therapy, is a Founding Fellow of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy, and was appointed a Beck Scholar in recognition of her contributions to the field of cognitive therapy. She is cofounder of a group practice in White Plains, New York, and maintains a private practice in New York City.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health > Anxiety Disorders
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health > Mood Disorders
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Aging > Depression
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Movements > Behaviourism
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Psychoanalysis
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Psychotherapy, TA & NLP
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Psychiatric
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Psychiatric
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Clinical > Psychiatric
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychopathology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychotherapy