I’ve been wanting to buy a masticating juicer for a long time. My mother is a HUGE fan of the green star from Tribest for its twin gear set up. However, it was a little above my budget, and so I was excited when Tribest came out with a single vertical masticating auger which is supposed to be even more efficient in extracting juices!
After researching to death, I decided to go with this juicer for the following reasons:
1) 47 RPM - this was a key factor in my decision as most comparable units run at 80 RPM. The slower the mechanism is, the better and more efficient the juicer is. It also helps with retaining more nutrients.
2) The small footprint - Living in a small studio, it is imperative that I make the most use of the limited counter top space I have. The small footprint (both for use and storage) made this type of juicer ideal for my intended use.
3) The auger is double-edged which makes it more efficient and yields more juice.
4) The juicer is a masticating juicer rather than a centrifugal one. I wanted to juice mostly leafy greens as well as some fruits and in the juicing world, masticating would be the obvious choice for this purpose.
5) Tribest’s 10 year warranty gave me a sense of relief that if anything were to break, I wouldn’t have to worry.
Notes after using the juicer for a couple of weeks:
1) The aforementioned slow speed also contributes to a quiet operation during use. It was much quieter than I initially expected it to be. My wife is a very light sleeper and she was napping right next to me while I juiced and she never woke up.
2) It is really good at juicing vegetables (particularly leafy greens). We’ve been juicing a lot of fibrous things like kale, celery, carrots and it has NO problems whatsoever.
3) It comes with a mincer attachment! It makes delicious strawberry sorbet out of frozen strawberries. Who knew I could make my own sorbet soooo easily at home!
4) The included cleanup tools are perfect and make the clean up process seamless. If I’m running late in the morning, I just soak the parts in a bucket of cold water and clean it when I come back home from work.
5) The base motor is (or at least feels) heavy duty and high quality. The construction is very good and durable. The plastic parts are BPA free which is always a good thing.
6) This product also includes a strainer for those who do not like too much pulp in their juice. This is very handy.
7) The silicon in the juicer does get stained green from all the leafy vegetables but it’s a small price that I’m willing to pay for the BEST JUICER EVER!
I cannot express how happy I am with this juicer. I’ve recommended it to all of my friends and family who are interested in juicing. I hope this review finds you well, Amazon users.