Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store NFL Tools

The Truth About You
Format: HardcoverChange
Price:$27.73+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

The DVD / Book / Notepad combination of this "Truth About You" toolkit is excellent. I was impressed that it all comes togther, and the reader isn't compelled to purchase all items separately. The book is a quick read, but one that demands thought and processing.

Most strengths, life-coaching, business books aren't written at the level that a recent high-school or college-graduate could take away application, but this one is. I think it will be an excellent tool for older teens, young adults and adults not in a corporate business setting to determine their strengths and weaknesses and learn how to maximize their own potential accordingly.

The video itself is excellent and warrants a few viewings. The notepad is helpful, and allows the reader to work through the book exercises, finding their own strengths / weaknesses rather than having someone else prescribe a to-do list. I'll highly recommed this kit.
on February 4, 2009
The Truth About You is Marcus Buckingham's recent book. Widely known for "Now, Discover Your Strengths" and "The One Thing You Need to Know", Buckingham continues his mission to help people discover their strengths, develop them, and get them to work in their careers and lives.

TTAY is a different kind of book. Short, very easy to read, interactive, gives you some homework (which I haven't done yet), includes a 22 min. DVD film (mostly speaking by him with a storyline in the background), and last of all, a ReMemo note pad to help you log the activities you love or hate ' yes it's a thick book

I believe this book is what's needed if Buckingham's dream of building a strengths revolution will catch on in the main stream of our culture. His other books mainly hit a corporate crowd. This book seems to be aimed at anyone, but particularly a young adult starting his/her career, or even a college student just thinking about where to focus their lives vocationally.

Unlike his other books, this doesn't require long reading or online assessments. It's engaging ' i.e. you encouraged to discover your strengths by thinking about what you love or loath in any activity you're doing (that's what the ReMemo Pad is for). He then challenges you to take that information and figure out who you are ' or what your strengths are ' so every week for the rest of your life you can grow in areas of where you're strong rather than keep trying to fix your weaknesses.

Although it seems like I've heard lots his same phrases before, I like this book for one main reason - it brought the whole strengths philosophy into a short and easy to remember format.
on February 28, 2009
This book has been touted as a fantastic self-help book that helps you to figure out what your strengths are, and how to leverage those strengths rather than waste your time trying to lift up your weaknesses. While I'm certainly intrigued by the concept, I found the book itself almost entirely unreadable. From what I can tell, it's actually directed towards an adolescent readership, but it reads like it was intended for a pre-teen reading audience. The concepts in the book are fine, but as I'm reading it the entire time I feel as if I'm being spoken down to, and that the author is afraid of using any big words.

The idea of leveraging your strengths is one that surely would benefit students that are graduating high-school and are off to college or the job market, but I can't honestly imagine a graduating high-school student reading this book without being put off by the tone.

I have to admit at this point that I couldn't bring myself to finish the book. In fact, I didn't even get half way through it. So it's entirely possible that the tone shifts and the book becomes more palatable, but I didn't have the patience to find out. Instead, I can only say that this book certainly was not for me.

I'm interested to find out whether the fact that this book was aimed at adolescents caused it to be written in such an unpleasant tone, or if it's simply Buckingham's style that doesn't work for me.
on July 7, 2008
Content:
I have read business and self-help books widely and have not see some of the thoughts on life direction and career planning like this that is all-together profound, thoughtful, yet simple at the same time.
Packaging:
As a toolkit combination of DVD, book, and notebook wrapped up so neatly - makes it very compelling with the shiny silver wrap.

I am very impressed with my first read. I will re-read and work through the concepts now and plan on giving this a gift to many of my friends this Fall and as Christmas gifts. This is good for executives, university students, high school students, and anyone thinking about their strengths and gifts. What I like is that this does not involve pages of surveys/questions but it is more organic.
on May 18, 2013
Any book that can improve you and help you better yourself and find happiness is an A++++++ We can always improve.