|2. God Is A DJ|
|3. Last To Know|
|4. Tonight’s The Night|
|5. Oh My God Featuring Peaches|
|6. Catch Me While I’m Sleeping|
|7. Waiting For Love|
|8. Save My Life|
|9. Try Too Hard|
|10. Humble Neighborhoods|
|11. Walk Away|
|13. Love Song|
|14. Hooker (hidden track)|
Some people were turned off by the lyrics on this album. While they are pretty filthy, Pink never pretended to be the kind of artist who is afraid of ticking people off with obscenity.
Although Linda Perry only produced 3 songs on this album. Tim Armstrong is a good match for Pink. He really knows how to let her music speak for itself. Pink took a chance by working with him, and it pays off.
The best songs on here are "Trouble", "Oh My God", "Catch Me While I'm Sleeping", "Waiting For Love", "Try Too Hard", and "Hooker" (which is a bonus track so don't stop the CD right after the last listed track).
I highly recommend this CD. Here Pink continues to show she is a one-of-a-kind artist and that no one does it like she her. Check it out.
1. TROUBLE is the first single off the album, very good song
2. GOD IS A DJ is the second single, kind of a feel-good vibe
3. LAST TO KNOW - I love this song, funny in a way, great chorus, she's the only one who could've pulled this one off
4. TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT is kind of a party song, very fun to listen to
5. OH MY GOD (FEAT. PEACHES) is Pink's sex song, kind of a rock-hip hop feel...like this one
6. CATCH ME WHILE I'M SLEEPING is similar to Miserey on Missundaztood and is a song that makes you go to sleep :-P
7. WAITING FOR LOVE is a song that shows how she can really sing good...
8. SAVE MY LIFE is such a sad song, I really like this song, and I dont know why
9. TRY TOO HARD - and so the true rock begins...
10. HUMBLE NEIGHBORHOOD is definately old-school rock, I love this one
11. WALK AWAY is OK, still like it though
12. UNWIND is a great song, my favorite on the CD
13. LOVE SONG is a cool song, I like how her voice sounds on it, great way to end a CD (but theres 1 more)
14. HOOKER (bonus track) is an AWESOME song, right behind Unwind...very good song, for all you hookers out there
"Missundaztood" is one of my favorite cds, but "Try this" works, for me. I like the fact that she is being honest with herself and doing a few songs that she obviously felt compelled to do for herself and for her art--as opposed to pleasing the masses, or perpetually doing copy-cat songs of hits, like many bands resort to.
"Try This" is worth the purchase, for "God is a Dj," "Trouble," & "Oh My God (Featuring Peaches)" --however, I love the entire cd. The Video is a really nice bonus, as well !
When I heard Try This being used to the new and real Pink,I understood this album and it's sound.I actually loved this album.If she didn't prove her vocal abillity on "Lady Momerlaud"
then she most definetly proved it on this album.With such songs as "God Is a Dj" sparking some contriversey and "Unwind",where Pink strikes a very noticable vocal simularity with the great lengend Janic Joplin.The is even aparently suppose to be baised around the original white girl with soul,the legend miss Janic Joplins life.I wouldnt be surprised it's known that Pink is a huge Janic Joplin fan,and not by many but that next summer of 2005 Pink will be portreying the legend in a biopic of her life.Even though Rene Zellwegger will also in the highly anticipated "Piece Of My Heart" (Witch is a Janic Joplin song,for those who dont know).
But all in all Pink proves with this album that she is and will always be a force to be recond with.