Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Try This Import, Enhanced, Explicit Lyrics
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|2. God Is A DJ|
|3. Last To Know|
|4. Tonights The Night|
|5. Oh My God Featuring Peaches|
|6. Catch Me While Im Sleeping|
|7. Waiting For Love|
|8. Save My Life|
|9. Try Too Hard|
|10. Humble Neighborhoods|
|11. Walk Away|
|13. Love Song|
|14. Hooker (hidden track)|
Japanese Release featuring Three Bonus Tracks: 'feel Good Time', 'delerium', and 'free'.
While detractors may grouse that Pink's third album doesn't have a dance floor anthem on it like the incendiary "Get The Party Started" from 2001's Missundaztood, some prefer their Pink straight up and damn the paper drink umbrellas and crepe paper. She's at her very best raiding her own troubled autobiography for inspiration, spitting out vituperrious vocal epitaphs like seeds from a ripe watermelon instead of the angst-ridden confessional romp she took through Missundaztood. Maybe she's worked all that out on a psychiatrist's couch, because this time out her anger is much more arch and entertaining; likely due to her pairing with Rancid's Tim Armstrong, who co-wrote and produced most of the disc and certainly knows the value of turning rage into a well-crafted musical punch line. As unlikely as the collaboration looked on paper, it works perfectly because the Pennsylvania native has always brandished a punk sneer beneath the corsets, gaudy hair color, and naughty girl demeanor. Armstrong and his Rancid cohorts (Lars Frederiksen and Matt Freeman) inject feral rock action into the disc with their truncated guitar sounds and trash can drumming and provide a perfect foil for Pink's foul-mouth rants and backstage laments like "Last To Know." But Pink hasn't shaved her spiky coiffure into a Mohawk. She still smolders on a soulful ballad like "Catch Me While I'm Sleeping" or trades vitriol with raps' redoubtable sex kitten, Peaches. --Jaan Uhelszki
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Some people were turned off by the lyrics on this album. While they are pretty filthy, Pink never pretended to be the kind of artist who is afraid of ticking people off with obscenity.
Although Linda Perry only produced 3 songs on this album. Tim Armstrong is a good match for Pink. He really knows how to let her music speak for itself. Pink took a chance by working with him, and it pays off.
The best songs on here are "Trouble", "Oh My God", "Catch Me While I'm Sleeping", "Waiting For Love", "Try Too Hard", and "Hooker" (which is a bonus track so don't stop the CD right after the last listed track).
I highly recommend this CD. Here Pink continues to show she is a one-of-a-kind artist and that no one does it like she her. Check it out.
1. TROUBLE is the first single off the album, very good song
2. GOD IS A DJ is the second single, kind of a feel-good vibe
3. LAST TO KNOW - I love this song, funny in a way, great chorus, she's the only one who could've pulled this one off
4. TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT is kind of a party song, very fun to listen to
5. OH MY GOD (FEAT. PEACHES) is Pink's sex song, kind of a rock-hip hop feel...like this one
6. CATCH ME WHILE I'M SLEEPING is similar to Miserey on Missundaztood and is a song that makes you go to sleep :-P
7. WAITING FOR LOVE is a song that shows how she can really sing good...
8. SAVE MY LIFE is such a sad song, I really like this song, and I dont know why
9. TRY TOO HARD - and so the true rock begins...
10. HUMBLE NEIGHBORHOOD is definately old-school rock, I love this one
11. WALK AWAY is OK, still like it though
12. UNWIND is a great song, my favorite on the CD
13. LOVE SONG is a cool song, I like how her voice sounds on it, great way to end a CD (but theres 1 more)
14. HOOKER (bonus track) is an AWESOME song, right behind Unwind...very good song, for all you hookers out there
When I heard Try This being used to the new and real Pink,I understood this album and it's sound.I actually loved this album.If she didn't prove her vocal abillity on "Lady Momerlaud"
then she most definetly proved it on this album.With such songs as "God Is a Dj" sparking some contriversey and "Unwind",where Pink strikes a very noticable vocal simularity with the great lengend Janic Joplin.The is even aparently suppose to be baised around the original white girl with soul,the legend miss Janic Joplins life.I wouldnt be surprised it's known that Pink is a huge Janic Joplin fan,and not by many but that next summer of 2005 Pink will be portreying the legend in a biopic of her life.Even though Rene Zellwegger will also in the highly anticipated "Piece Of My Heart" (Witch is a Janic Joplin song,for those who dont know).
But all in all Pink proves with this album that she is and will always be a force to be recond with.
1. Trouble (2.5/5) First single, the song is so weak, the lyrics are... Blah. Pink's becoming her own cliché in this song
2. God is a dj (4/5) It's good but something's missing. Once again the lyrics are so predictable from her.
3. Last to know (4.5/5) Love the music and the lyrics, a good song.
4. Tongiht's the night (1/5) Pure filler
5. Oh my god (2.5/5) She's bringing something different here but I'm not feeling it, I don't know why
6. Catch me while I'm sleeping (1/5) This song definitely makes me want to sleep, I'm never able to go through all of it
7. Waiting for love (4.5/5) Amazing vocals
8. Save my life (5/5) Love the music, love the theme behind the song, original pink
9. Try too hard (2/5) What happened to the songs Linda Perry used to co-write with her?
10. Humble Neighbothood (4/5) Fun song
11. Walk away (4.5/5) Another song more representative of what pink is used to produce
12. Unwind (5/5) Amazing amazing vocals, so different from what we're used to hear from her
13. Feel good time (4/5) This song makes me hyper for some reason
14. Love song (6/5) My absolute favourite song on the album, too bad it's so short, listen for yourself
15. Hooker (1/5) Plain annoying
Most recent customer reviews
i don/t understand why "try this" seemed to be Pink's flop cd. It's awesome with really good songs. Read morePublished on Feb. 14 2006 by Gimpster
Personally I dont care much for this cd however next to Britney Spears Pink is the hottest pop star in the world. Read morePublished on Aug. 11 2004 by ken
When Pink broke out of the pack with her sophmore effort, 2001's brilliant MISSUNDAZTOOD, she seemed destined for greatness, someone who could be leading the pack versus someone... Read morePublished on July 15 2004 by Jef Fazekas
I cannot believe it that Pink with this abum won't Overcome the commercial success that tube with Missundaztood, if this album overcomes in everything to the previous one, My... Read morePublished on July 8 2004 by Saint Germain Samuel Espejo Peñaloza
why do people listen o people like this? she sounds just as constipated as avril lavrigne. for some real music, try stacie orrico, jessica simpsons first cd-sweet kisses-, racheal... Read morePublished on July 7 2004
I purchased this one when it first came-out, and I am still playing it quite often. Pink's catchy grooves, intense vocals, sensual tone and tough girl attitude are reminiscent of... Read morePublished on July 2 2004 by Graham D. Lincoln