is a comprehensive guide for all parents preparing for a multiple birth. It is filled with practical advice from specialists who work with expectant mothers and their twins every day.<P>From the moment the expectant mom knows she's getting more than she expected, Twins!
provides complete information on pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum experience:
- Your relationship with your practitioner
- Pre-pregnancy planning
- Fetal and embryonic development
- Healthy weight gain for expectant mothers
<P>Once the babies are born, Twins!
sees the whole family through the exciting and challenging first year, examining such issues as:
- Sleeping and feeding schedules
- Your babies as individuals
- Redefining the family and supporting the needs of other children
- Survival tips for extra-busy parents
- Insightful roundtable discussions with other parents of twins
<P>New in this second edition:
- Complimentary medical practices, including acupuncture, supplements and herbsas well as current safety guidelines for the use of prescription and over-the-counter medications
- 3-D ultrasound images of developing twins
- What parents need to know about immunizations and their safety
- An up-to-date resource guide to twin-specific organizations, periodicals, and Internet links
- And much more!
gives you all the information you need to have a safe and sound twin pregnancy so you can concentrate on the joy of raising happy, healthy children.<P>Congratulations!