From the Back Cover
Essential Skills--Made Easy!
With this learning tool, you can read, model, and use the Unified Modeling Language (UML) for software design, analysis, and development. Follow the proven Beginner's Guide pedagogy and learn to graphically represent your software ideas in order to create a well-structured and more stable product. Discover use-case diagrams and object-oriented concepts in the design and analysis of your software. Reduce development time by creating proper design and architectural documents. Understand activity, sequence, and class diagrams, and check system architecture with integration diagrams. Whether you are a programmer, engineer, software developer, software architect, or computer science student, start using UML today with help from this essential learning guide.
Designed for Easy Learning:
- Modules--Each concept is divided into logically organized modules (chapters), ideal for self-paced learning
- Critical Skills--Each module opens with the specific skills covered in the module
- Mastery Checks--End-of-module reviews test knowledge using short-answer, multiple-choice, and fill-in-the-blank questions
- Ask the Experts--Q&A sections throughout are filled with bonus information and helpful tips
- Progress Checks--Quick self-assessment sections check your progress
- Projects--Practical exercises show how to apply the critical skills learned in each module
About the Author
Jason T. Roff has worn many hats with his extensive experience as a project manager, a software developer and a software architect. Roff’s technical talents include expertise in C++, Java, ADO, Visual Basic, SQL Server, and object-oriented design.