- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
UML 2 For Dummies Paperback – Jul 16 2003
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Get up to speed on object-oriented modeling
Build complex architectures with UML 2, follow best practices, and express yourself
When it comes to modeling, this book is not just another pretty face! It guides you gently through the complexities of UML, helps you adjust to the UML 2 standard, shows you how to extract key information from UML models, and more. Before you know it, youll be communicating and developing systems like never before.
The Dummies Way
- Explanations in plain English
- "Get in, get out" information
- Icons and other navigational aids
- Tear-out cheat sheet
- Top ten lists
- A dash of humor and fun
About the Author
Michael Jesse Chonoles ia an established system developer, educator, author, and consultant. Michael has done just about everything that you can do in software and system development—business, requirements, and software analysis; software, system, and architectural design; coding in many languages; testing and quality control—right through marketing, packing, and shrinkwrapping the software. He is former Chief of Methodology at the Advanced Concepts Center (ACC) and has an MSE in Systems Engineering from the University of Pennsylvania and BSs in Math and Physics from MIT.
James A. Schardt is Advanced Concepts Center’s Chief Technologist. He provides 24 years of experience and a firm grounding in object oriented development, data warehousing, and distributed systems. He teaches and mentors Fortune 50 companies in the U.S. and abroad. His many years of practice in object-oriented systems, database design, change management, business engineering, instructional design, and team facilitation bring a wealth of experience to his assignments.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Postscript: Having spent more time with this book, I have to change my original opinion and rating. This is actually a rather good book and it is considerably better than several other rather superficial UML 2 books (UML 2.0 Fast Track and UML Distilled 3rd Edition) that are available. If you can get past the "for Dummies" title and buy this book you will not be disappointed. Don't waste your money on UML 2.0 Fast Track, UML Distilled 3rd Edition, UML 2 Toolkit and Teach Yourself UML 2 in 24 hours like I did, just get UML 2 for Dummies and then UML 2 Bible and you'll have everything you need to get a good grip on UML 2.0.
Most recent customer reviews
This book is certainly a good investment. The depth and detail of the book are good to clear and understand the concepts. Read morePublished on July 2 2004 by Fernando Thomas
My impression of most "For Dummies" books has been that, while offering excellent introduction to a given subject, their lack of depth almost always leads to a follow-up... Read morePublished on May 23 2004
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Software Engineering > Methodology
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Object-Oriented Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > UML
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Introductory Guides
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Software Design
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Programming > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Programming > Software Design
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Software > Design & Development > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Software > Design & Development > Object-Oriented Design
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Software > Design & Development > Software Development
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Software > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Web Development > Scripting & Programming
- Books > Textbooks