As a holistic nutritionist I’m always on the lookout for new alternative health and wellness books and I have to admit I was incredibly excited for the release of Meghan Telpner’s Undiet: Eat Your Way to Vibrant Health.
This book is a game changer. It’s completely inspiring, totally authentic, the writing sings, and the research is solid. Most importantly, however, Meghan encourages her readers to take responsibility for their own state of health by reconnecting with the foods they put inside their bodies and listening to how those food choices make them feel. This book educates and empowers by demonstrating just how easy and attainable healthy living truly is if you take small steps every day towards your overall goals. Meghan’s plan goes far beyond diet and segues naturally into a connection of mind, body, and soul to create a picture of joyful living that anyone would want to manifest. Undiet is a necessity for anyone frustrated by conventional health and nutrition and looking to take action to create a better body and life. It will have a place of honour on my bookshelf and will be the book I recommend to clients when they ask me where to start on their journey. As she says, we can either build health or disease, and with this book as a guide you will joyfully choose to build health every day for the rest of your abundant and beautiful days.
Some specifics about the book I thoroughly enjoyed were:
1. The inclusion of a sort of "cheat sheet" at the end of every chapter that summed up the key ideas and actions that had been covered.
2. Each chapter ended with delicious recipes that corresponded once again to the topic of said chapter.
3. The photography is beautiful and includes many authentic day-to-day shots of Meghan and her friends and family living joyfully.
4. The writing is captivating, honest, hilarious, and informative without being preachy. You will tear through this book.
5. Meghan included practical tips for slowly but surely overhauling your pantry and by extension, your life.
If you do yourself one favour in 2013, it should be to buy this very important and incredibly inspiring book!