- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Understanding Boundaries and Containment in Clinical Practice Paperback – Jan 18 2008
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Understanding Boundaries and Containment in Clinical Practice is a volume in the clinical practice monograph series from The Society of Analytical Psychology. This series is intended primarily for trainees on psychotherapy and psychodynamic counselling courses, and for those who are newly qualified. These compact editions will be invaluable to all who wish to learn the basics of major theories derived from the work of Freud and Jung, from an integrated viewpoint. The authors are Jungian analysts trained at the SAP, highly experienced in both theory and practice.Contents1 Why boundaries? Including the historical development of ideas2 Boundaries and containment in child development3 Nuts & Bolts: including assessment, beginning, time, fees4 The containing mind5 Working within organisational settings6 Confidentiality7 Professional boundaries: including training, registration, codes of ethics and good practice8 Endings
About the Author
Rebecca Brown is a Training Analyst with the Society for Analytical Psychology and also supervises for the British Association of Psychotherapists and the London Centre for Psychotherapy. She is a former Chair of the Society and has been involved for many years in its analytical training programme. She is also involved in running a public programme for counsellors and psychotherapists in Oxford. Her background is in counselling, psychiatric social work, and psychotherapy. Karen Storbart is a Professional Member of the Society of Analytical Psychology, working in private practice in London and in the National Health Service as a Consultant Psychotherapist (Adult).
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Psychoanalysis
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Psychotherapy, TA & NLP
- Books > Medical Books
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychotherapy