Understanding Data Communications: From Fundamentals to Networking Paperback – Jan 17 1997
There is a newer edition of this item:
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"...designed to provide a solid foundation on how data communications systems operate, why, where, and when certain types of equipment should be networked together, and the role of evolving communications technology." (SciTech Book News, Vol. 25, No. 4, December 2001) --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
From the Back Cover
Now in its third edition, Understanding Data Comunications, provides a comprehensive introduction to the field of data communications for both students and professionals. Assuming no prior knowledge of the field, it presents an overview of the role of communications, their importance, and the fundamental concepts of using the ISO's 7-layer approach to present the various aspects of networking.
- Covers the evolving high speed network access via digital subscriber line, cable modems and wireless communication.
- Examines the role of regulatory and standardization bodies, the operation of the Internet and the use of a variety of electronic applications.
- Includes a series of comprehensive questions covering the important concepts from each section.
- Describes the digital network used by communications carriers and the methods used to obtain access to the digital highway.
- Discusses frequency division multiplexing which forms the foundation for the operation of several types of high speed digital subscriber line.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Data in the Enterprise
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs
- Books > Computers & Technology > Operating Systems
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Telecommunications
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems