Understanding Skin Problems: Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis and Related Conditions Paperback – Mar 14 2003
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"…The book is written by leading psychologists amd is packed full of top tips for sufferes…" (The Waiting Room, Summer 2003)
From the Back Cover
Separating truth from myth can be hard when it comes to skin problems.
Apart from medical advice, there seems to be a puzzling array of creams and potions, herbal remedies and alternative treatments. Understanding Skin Problems helps sufferers maximise the benefits of advice, from whatever source, so that they can learn to live with their condition more easily.
Written from a psychological perspective, Linda Papadopoulos and Carl Walker show that, although seldom life-threatening, skin diseases can be very distressing for both sufferers and their families. As a source of information or just as general interest, this handy guide will help you to understand the importance of the mind-body connection, and how it can help in dermatology.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Aging > Skin Ailments
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Medicine & Psychology
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Dermatology
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Pathology > Diseases > Psoriasis
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Health
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Diseases > Psoriasis
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Dermatology
- Books > Self-Help