Uneasy Partners: Multiculturalism and Rights in Canada Paperback – May 15 2007
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
This collection of essays addressing the tensions in Canada between rights and multiculturalism is a very Canadian book. It propvides an excellent survey of multiculturalism and rights issues in Canada, and of the manner in which the debate is taking place intense disgreements debated in a very collegial (Canadian) fashion. Tracie Scott, Birkbeck College British Journal Of Canadian Studies 2009
About the Author
Janice Gross Stein is the Belzberg Professor of Conflict Management in the Department of Political Science and the Director of the Munk Centre for International Studies at the University of Toronto. Her most recent publications include The Cult of Efficiency (2001), Canada by Mondrian (2006), and The Unexpected War: Canada in Kandahar which won the 2007 Writers’ Trust of Canada’s Shaughnessy Cohen Award for Political Writing.
David Robertson Cameron is the chair of the Department of Political Science at the University of Toronto and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada. He has divided his time between public service (in Ottawa and at Queen’s Park) and academic life.
John Ibbitson is the political affairs columnist for The Globe and Mail and author of several works on public policy.
Will Kymlicka holds the Canada Research Chair in Political Philosophy at Queen’s University. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada and his works have been translated into thirty languages.
John Meisel is the Sir Edward Peacock Professor of Political Science Emeritus at Queen’s University and past president of the Royal Society of Canada. He has been a frequent media commentator and lectures widely in Canada, the United States, and Europe.
Haroon Siddiqui is a columnist for the Toronto Star. A former president of PEN Canada, he is a member of the Order of Canada and winner of numerous professional honours.
Michael Valpy is a senior writer for The Globe and Mail and writes frequently on public policy, religion, spirituality, and ethics. He has won three National Newspaper Awards, and in 1997 Trent University awarded him an honorary doctorate for his journalism. He is currently a senior resident at the University of Toronto’s Massey College.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > United States > African Americans > Discrimination & Racism
- Books > History > United States > African Americans > Discrimination & Racism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Civil Rights & Liberties
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Poverty > Social Services & Welfare
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Government > Politics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Cultural
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Discrimination & Racism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > Levels of Government