- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Universal Algebra: Fundamentals and Selected Topics Hardcover – Sep 20 2011
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
… as far as I am concerned, the book under review, by Clifford Bergman, is most welcome: we need more of this sort of thing, both for potential universal algebraists and for people like me: fellow travelers to some degree, or mathematicians who both use and thoroughly adore algebra and its structural qualities, and find themselves growing more appreciative of this architectural elegance as they evolve in their work and studies. … it is clearly written and pleasant to read … the author provides motivation as well as examples and exercises galore. At first glance it looks to me like the exercises are well-structured and should do the job of bringing the student or reader along at a decent pace from ignorance to both an appreciation for the subject and some facility with it. It’s definitely an area worth pursuing for a graduate student with the right disposition.
―Michael Berg, MAA Reviews, December 2011
… excellently written and is highly recommended to all who are interested in universal algebra.
About the Author
Clifford Bergman is the Janson Professor of Mathematics at Iowa State University, where he has taught since 1982. He teaches both undergraduate and graduate courses in algebra and cryptography. Dr. Bergman’s research centers on classical questions in universal algebra, computational complexity, cryptology, and steganography.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Algorithms
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Mathematics > Pure Mathematics
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Pure Mathematics > Algebra
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Pure Mathematics > Set Theory
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Algorithms
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Mathematics > Algebra & Trigonometry