|1. Here To Stay|
|2. Make Believe|
|4. Hollow Life|
|5. Bottled Up Inside|
|8. One More Time|
|9. Alone I Break|
|11. Beat It Upright|
|12. Wake Up Hate|
|13. I'm Hiding|
|14. No One's There|
Among and within songs, Korn move seamlessly and dynamically from gentle, spooky, and lushly melodic to a bass-heavy propulsive, explosive musicality. "Embrace" is almost grandiose and Cult-like in its rock drama, in contrast to the punky, straight-up "Wake Up Hate," on which Davis's vocals are especially creepy and Marilyn Manson-like as he rants: "I'm, I'm filthy/ Wasted piece of s--t/ I am disgusting/ Take me away." Untouchables, with its brutal introspection and hints of misogyny, is sure to earn its parental advisory sticker. But the album is still a must-have: 62 minutes of deeply felt, ultra-intense spewings, a tour de force that will strike a chord with fans and critics alike. --Katherine Turman
here to stay
alone i break
thoughtless (the best one)
and wake up hate
what a performance, like i always say, good job korn, u earned ur place.
But then in 1999 korn unleashed their masterpiece Fallow the Leader there best CD yet ( In my opinion), it was awesome with so many awesome songs and great coloborations like from Ice Cube and Fred Durst. This CD was what really sent Korn up to todays stardom.
Issues was also very good but I felt that it was kind of a strange collection of songs... its hard to explain but it fealt that something was missing from the CD.
The they put out Untouchables, I was exited to hear the release of the new album but as soon as I saw the video for Here to Stay on MTV I got really disapointed, this sounded horrible.
Still I whent out and bought the CD, I found it hard to listen to it completely, it was not the same Korn as before,something were just not right, the songs had no real meaning to them, the bass was way to loud and a somepoints just plain boring. Its not that Korn is untalented because they are, it was just a result of bad production and way to much experimentation. I also think that they rushed with the CD to much, the songs had no real meaning to them.
The DVD that acompanies this CD is not that great either, the only real good thing is "Got the Life" live.
But still this CD may be appealing to you but just keep in mind that if you are looking for an old Korn sound you are in for a big suprise.
[HERE TO STAY] 10/10 IT IS A GREAT WAY TO OPEN THE ALBUM
[MAKE BELIEVE] 10/10 INSANLY GOOD
[BLAME] 10/10 GREAT VOCAL VARIATION
[HOLLOW LIFE] 10/10 AMAZING INTRO TO THE SONG AND WIKED SONG
[BOTTLED UP INSIDE] 10/10 RELY GOOD CHORUS POUNDING SONG
[THOUGHTTLESS] 10/10 PROBABLY THE BEST SONG BY KORN DUE TO THE INSANELY GOOD CHORUS AND VOCALS BY JONATHAN DAVIES
[HATING] 9/10 GOOD SONG GOOD INTRO
[ONE MORE TIME] 10/10 AMAZING CHORUS
[ALONE I BREAK] 10/10 A QUET SONG BY KORNS STANDARDS BUT RELY GOOD A BIT AMOTIONAL AND DEPRESSING BUT GOOD
[EMBRACE] 7/10 MORE LIKE KORNS OLDER STUFF A BIT BORING
[BEAT IT UPRIGHT] 7/10 OK
[WAKE UP HATE] 10/10 ONE OF KORNS WEIRD SONGS BUT THRILLING
[IM HIDING] 9.5/10 GREAT VOCALS ON THE CHORUS REST OF THE SONG LETS IT DOWN
[NO ONES THERE] 10/10 AMAZING INTRO PERFECT WAY TO END A BRILIANT ALBUM
1) Here To Stay (10/10): a great, heavy guitar riff. The lyrics are really good. An excellent intro to the CD, and probably my second favorite song.
2) Make Believe (8/10): This isn't one of my favorite songs, but it has a nice electronic kind of sound. Great chorus.
3) Blame (10/10): The first 10 seconds or so sound the same as the beginning of Here To Stay. Great guitar riff, nice drumming, cool-sounding lyrics . The chorus is great. My fourth favorite song.
4) Hollow Life (9/10): This hardly sounds like Korn! It's more calm than most of their stuff, but it has an eerie, HOLLOW sound to it :) The chorus is pretty good.
5) Bottled Up Inside (10/10): My favorite song! The opening guitar riff is awesome, as are the lyrics. I like from about 2:50-3:12 when the lyrics slow down and become louder, augmented by very heavy guitar playing and some amazing drumming, with scat in the background. This song is perfect.
6) Thoughtless (10/10): Nice guitar riffs. I like the chorus with two voices going at once saying the same thing at different times. I like the scatty vocals towards the end. A great song.
7) Hating (9/10): The beginning sounds strange. I like the bass throughout the song, especially during the chorus. The lyrics sound really cool.
8) One More Time (9/10): Another different-sounding song. Unlike all the other songs. This song is really catchy.
9) Alone I Break (10/10): It's hard to tell this is even Korn! One of the most unique Korn songs I've ever heard. It's hard to describe. I love the chorus.Read more ›