- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Urban Homesteading: Programs and Policies Hardcover – Nov 10 1988
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
?The author examines the evolution of the urban homesteading program in the United States from its inception in 1974 through 1986. After describing the program's components, she analyzes the local urban homesteading programs of three cities--Baltimore, Detroit, and Philadelphia--describing their use of federal resources and local initiatives. She also presents historical and legislative perspective on the national and local programs. In addition, the influences of federalism, intergovernmental relations, and policy implementation on urban homesteading are addressed.?-Journal of Planning Literature
About the Author
MITTIE OLION CHANDLER is a member of the Department of Urban Affairs at Cleveland State University.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Poverty > Social Services & Welfare
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Social Work
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Rural
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Urban
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences