biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on April 25, 2004
What a great DVD. I had never heard of Karnataka until I brought Curved Air Master from the vault DVD (already reviewed) This DVD featured other groups on that label (Classic Rock). Two of the featured bands I had never heard of until recently when a friend in the UK reccomended Mostly Autumn to me. As Karnataka sounded similiar to Mostly Autumn (well sort of) I thought it would be worth trying their DVD also.
Luck has certainly been with me - Not only did the Mostly Autumn turn out to be one of the best buys this year - Karnataka is right up there also.
It is hard to describe the music of Karnataka, and as always I hate to compare, as they are uniquely different, but for anyone who is thinking of purchasing this DVD it sure helps to have an idea. So, Karnataka to me sounds a bit like the Corrs only with more guitar. So if you like the Celtic sound, with some great guitaring I think you'll really like Karnataka. I also think if you like - Horslips, Earth and Fire (Not Earth, Wind and Fire) Rennaisance, Mostly Autumn, or Caravan - you'll probably like Karnataka.
The sound and picture quality seems great to me - not that I am any sort of expert. The band features 2 female vocalists, with the standard drums, bass, keyboard, and of course lead guitar. Most songs seem to build, starting with the beautiful melodic singing and working into the guitar. (Definately a great guitarist in the laid back style of Jan Ackerman from Focus)
However, Karnataka knows how to rock. So if you want to hear something different and want to hear some great music then take a chance like I did - buy Karnataka I don't think you will be dissapointed.
I also reccomend you check out the review on the other Karnataka DVD I thought it was interesting how that person came accross this band, and how pleased they were to have found them. I have an extensive collection of CDs and DVDs and it is always exciting to find a new band and to have found 2 in a short space of time is unbelievable (The DVD player alternates between Karnataka and Mostly Autumn - I've not even opened the other DVD's I brought at the same time yet)
Just a couple of little complaints to the label - please put more information in with the DVD and 90 minutes is not long enough would like to watch about 3 hours!!!!!!!!!
Finally, I would be suprised if it is not long before Karnataka and Mostly Autumn start a new British Invasion.
on March 27, 2004
Yet another in the series of great DVDs produced by the current lineup of Uriah Heep, my all-time favorite band. This one documents the band's headliner appearance at the awesome Classic Rock festival in Trenton, New Jersey in the autumn of 2002 and is of the best in Heep's DVD series, with great concert footage, a wide-ranging setlist incorporating both electric and acoustic sets and informative interviews sandwiched in between the songs.
Of course, for me personally, this DVD captures one of the milestones of my life as a fan. For the final night's closing number, "Lady in Black", I was one of the dozen lucky die-hard Uriah Heep fans invited to sing back up vocals and we all can be seen on the DVD.
If you are a Uriah Heep fan like me, you must own this set as it is one of the most important and memorable performances of the bands long and storied career.
Hey, Herrbear (the one who wrote the previous review and lives in Leesburg, VA). I live in Fairfax. Get in touch with me if you're so inclined.
on March 17, 2004
These guys have been through hell and they still keep rockin'. With the line up of Mick Box, Trevor Bolder, Lee Kerslake, Bernie Shaw and Phil Lanzon... these guys just won't take a beating. I've seen them four times in concert with four different line ups... David Byron and John Wetton... John Lawton and Trevor Bolder... John Sloman and Chris Slade... and the current line up for the Raging Silence tour. Mick is still at his peak performance and these guy know how to party.
Track list
• That's The Way That It Is
• Magician's Birthday
• Look At Yourself *
• Lady In Black *
Also look for the other live Heep DVDs and CDs.... you might just be surprised who guests on the stage with them. Check out their website for the Heep Radio, too.
on December 7, 2003
Or at least conquers Trenton, New Jersey. I had the privilege of seeing one of the two October 2002 shows that the DVD is taken from, and meeting the band, and if there's a better live rock band, or a nicer bunch of guys, I haven't run across them yet. A simply marvelous show, with some surprises ("Tales", "The Magician's Birthday") mixed in with excellent versions of the expected classics ("July Morning", "Lady In Black"). This is one of the few bands that really does keep getting better with age. Highly recommended.