User Experience Innovation: User Centered Design that Works Paperback – Feb 2 2012
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Christian Kraft has worked 18 years in the mobile phone industry, for three different companies. Fourteen of those years were with Nokia. His focus has always been on creating user interface and user experience innovation. He is responsible for many of the innovations that made Nokia successful, creating over 100 patents relating to user experience during his fourteen-year tenure with that firm. He is the inventor of threaded SMS chat, a feature that debuted in the highly-successful Nokia 3310 handset. He is also inventor and designer of the first-ever game for a mobile phone.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
- The content is vague and mostly obvious: Research is worthwhile, Apply have innovative product design etc.
- The author repeats the same points again and again. They weren't insightful the first time...
- It skirts around the subject which made me buy the book - innovation. There's precious little on this topic and what's there is less actionable advice and more truisms.
- Not critical but had to be mentioned - worst use of stock photography I've ever seen in a book. It's generic and overused, often to illustrate points unnecessarily.
I think, the author makes a great job in defining pain points and how to deal with them, as well as making clear differences between user experience vs user needs vs core tasks vs usability, etc. Also, I think the way how he defines innovation is very interesting. I think the concepts on this book can be applied to website, software applications or any other product from a toothbrush to an Android phone.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > E-commerce > Internet Marketing
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management Science
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Consumer Behaviour
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Marketing
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Web Marketing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Website Architecture & Usability
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management Science
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Consumer Behaviour
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Web Marketing
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Industrial Design