I was expecting and hoping for a more rollickin' sound than what this CD contains, for the most part.
I was hoping for gobs of the beautifully rich and bouncing, bubbling, blasting, cajoling, exhorting, grunting, growling, honking, insistent, persistent, sailing, wailing, soaring, scolding, screaming, and testifying tones of the saxophone as sometimes heard on early 50s rock 'n' roll and much of Louis Jordan's music.
I DO like this CD quite a bit, it's just a little too laid-back in places. I'm a drummer and wanted some really hot sax wailing to play along to. I recommend this CD*, but I'm still looking for something a little "hotter."
* For the record (no pun intended), my favorite tunes on this CD are:
1. Night Train - Jimmy Forrest
4. Cozy's Beat - Cozy Eggleston
5. Big Heavy (Blue Lights Boogie) - Cozy Eggleston
7. Ace High - Tab Smith
10. Sausage Rock - Doc Sausage
12. Duck Fever - Freddie Jackson
14. You Belong to Me - Fats Noel (not for playing along to, just for listening - mellow!)
15. Duck Soup - Fats Noel
17. High Tide - Fats Noel
22. Flight 3-D - Jimmy Forrest