|Price:||CDN$ 15.00 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
|2. Proxima Centauri|
|3. Ursa Minor|
|5. Metronome Arthritis|
|6. 300 MHz|
Seven of the best songs ever written by this Legendary El Paso Five Piece.
Top Customer Reviews
01 . Rascuache--One of my favorite songs by this band, just an awesome song, the way its put together everything flows perfectly. On a scale of 1-10 i'd give this song a 15, its sweet!!
02 . Proxima Centauri--This song kinda starts out alittle weird, kinda gives you that "What the hell?" type feel, but trust me it gets into a good song. Its just another perfectly put together song. 9/10
03 . Ursa Minor--A mellow song, some nice breakdowns towards the middle, the drumming is awesome towards the middle too. All in all a good song 9/10
04 . Heliotrope--This song is awesome, its pretty fast to start out with then breaks down to a slower pace but picks right back up. Awesome awesome song. 10/10
05 . Metronome Arthritis--This is such a sick song!! Its perfect, i really enjoi this song a lot. Kinda mellow, but at the same time its intense. 10/10
06 . 300 Mhz--This song really reminds me of The Mars Volta(another badass band you need to check out), just the way its played, its another winner 10/10
07 . 198d--A slow song, but a perfect way to end. This is a slow song but i tell you it gets intense further into it. 10/10
Well i don't know if this helped or not but just check this cd out, i know its only seven songs but they are awesome everyone of em. A lot of people think this is the best CD atdi put out, and i won't disagree, it is an awesome cd, but i like all they're cd's and can't really pick one over the other they are all just incredible. If your new to atdi then pick this cd up as soon as you can and every other album they have!! You will not be disappointed, i swear.
1) Rascuache- one of the best songs, it's a really good way to start off the album. It's pretty fast paced and very catchy. As always, Cedric's vocals shine, even if the lyrics to this song make even less sense than they normally do.
2) Proxima Centauri- a very interesting song, in the way is speeds up and slows down. The lyrics have something to do with ancient Romans in space and mention things like "spacesuit togas"- wierd, but cool.
3) Ursa Minor- I had heard this song before I bought the album and I loved it- it's another pretty catchy song. It might take some getting used to, since it's kind of offbeat, but it's another great song.
4) Heliotrope- I love the way this song starts off- the guitars ath the beginning are extremely cool. It stays pretty fast the whole way through and it's got some interesting lyrics- "Inseminating motives of a lukewarm persistence/Let the thieves in through the front door/Let them take what they've been missing."
5) Metronome Arthritis- my favorite. It starts off slow and bass-heavy, very ominous, and slowly builds to a stunning climax- "What if forensics find the answer?/What if they stole my fingerprints?/Where did I leave my book of matches?/We'll find you." It's got a great solo near the end and the lyrics are the best on the whole album.Read more ›
Overall, this release demonstrates the many facets of ATDI: slowed down, dramatic songs and energetic speedy anthems. Cedric's voice and lyrics are both flawless, adding the most interesting dynamic to the band's tight rhythm section. As a whole, the EP manages to encapsulate the best ATDI moments in the short twenty minutes: "Racsuache" with it's ambient feeling and pushing chords, "Ursa Minor"'s powerful chorus and breakdown, and the dramatic and flowing "198d".
While most people have been introduced to ATDI due to the phenomenal success and critical ravings of Relationship of Command, even a casual listener would and can appreciate the music on this and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in dynamic music. The sound of ATDI is uniquely theirs and comes out in full force on this CD, making it essential for the fan and an interesting gift to the uninitiated.
The lyrics are ofcourse awesome, beautifully poetic, futuristic, and incapable of description. Songs such as "Metronome Arthritis" reflect shades of political veiwing or even paranoia ("What if forensics finds the answers? What if they stole my fingerprints?" Cedric says), "Ursa Minor" seems like it's telling a tale of future oppressions of gravity police and such ("propeller snapped/decapitated while you slept upon your pillow/inertia kisses those around me")...
"Heliotrope" might have references to religious conspiracy, "Proxima Centauri" is an intergalctic droolfest involving ancient Romans in space...the crazy vocal blabbering at the end of "300Mhz" is a nice experience...the overall effect of this EP is a sound experiment signal sent via satellite from another planet. It's also a good and relatively cheap installment to get if you want to sample ATDI. Afterwards, you'll want to try out their actual albums.
Most recent customer reviews
She was amazed by the quality and that the fact that it's a 10'' WHITE Vinyl Didn't see many white pressings. Pretty amazing music too!!!Published on April 23 2013 by Eric ''The Nut'' Brun
They say that EP's are always good because it takes 4-7 of the band's best songs at the time and puts them out. That is very true for this EP. Read morePublished on July 3 2004 by Christopher J. Calderon
This CD is absolutely perfect. Every song on it is equally amazing. By far their best CD. Its one of those CD's that pumps you up with so much energy that you're gonna rock out in... Read morePublished on June 24 2004 by The Lance
Whoa. This is a great great great great great EP from a great great great great great band. i was reading the former reviews and one idiot said that ATDI was ripping off A New... Read morePublished on June 5 2004
Even more dynamic, emotional and touching than In/Casino/Out. Proves that ATDI are a very talented band and know what they are doing. Read morePublished on April 23 2004 by David
From the first time i heard this album, I was hooked on At the Drive-In. This album is solid from start to finish, a favorite for many including myself. Read morePublished on April 1 2004
At the Drive-In will always be a legend, no matter what. They're just so awesome musically, but I think it might be good that they broke off, otherwise the Mars Volta and Sparta... Read morePublished on Jan. 25 2004 by t
It's only 7 songs, but these are some of the best songs i've ever heard, at least individually. You can pick any of these songs out of a hat and listen to them and they're as... Read morePublished on Dec 9 2003 by Example: Mark Twain
Hello, I will now write a review for the album named "Vaya" by "At The Drive In".
Sometimes you might know someone and they will grow their hair out long styled. Read more
Look for similar items by category
- Music > Alternative Rock > Hardcore & Punk > Emo
- Music > Alternative Rock > Hardcore & Punk > Post Hardcore
- Music > Alternative Rock > Hardcore & Punk > Punk
- Music > Alternative Rock > Hardcore & Punk > Punk Revival
- Music > Alternative Rock > Indie & Lo-Fi > Emo
- Music > Alternative Rock > Indie & Lo-Fi > Indie Rock
- Music > Pop
- Music > Rock