Vegetarian Sports Nutrition Paperback – Nov 1 2006
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Finally, serious nutrition information for serious vegetarian athletes!" Vegetarian Sports Nutrition "provides sound and accessible explanations on what vegetarians really need to consume." Shane SpeerDeputy Editor, "Vegetarian Times" ""Vegetarian Sports Nutrition "delivers inspired, useful, and science-based information to make you a better, healthier athlete." Amby BurfootExecutive Editor, "Runner's World Marathon"Winner (and Vegetarian) 1968 Boston Marathon
“Finally, serious nutrition information for serious vegetarian athletes! Vegetarian Sports Nutrition provides sound and accessible explanations on what vegetarians really need to consume.”
Deputy Editor, Vegetarian Times
“Vegetarian Sports Nutrition delivers inspired, useful, and science-based information to make you a better, healthier athlete.”
Executive Editor, Runner's World Marathon
Winner (and Vegetarian) 1968 Boston Marathon
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Scientific evidence collected over the last 10 to 20 years (since the mid-1980s or so) has noticeably changed our understanding of the role of vegetarian diets in human health and disease prevention. Read the first page Browse Sample Pages
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index
Top Customer Reviews
...No, usually I am not obsessed with "getting more protein", I just want to follow a successful fat loss program while staying a vegetarian. In fact, I achieved my best results to date on vegetarian 12-15% protein diet.
I have purchased this book to find out sport science's recommendations for the athletes. The book also advertised eating plans on the cover. What made me choose this book is that the author is a Ph.D and RD, and a vegetarian athlete herself. And I am glad I chose it!
This book is one of the most fascinating books on nutrition I have read during past 5 years ( and I have read dozens of them ).
- It is multifaceted and highly customizable; it explains how to find out your personal dietary and calorie requirements
- It troubleshoots most common problems that athletes face ( fatique, muscle crumps etc) and provides concise lists of top-10 or top-20 foods that address those problems along with timing and composition of meals
- It provides lists of top foods for most important vitamins, minerals and their combinations and RDA for them
- It is suitable for those who don't use milk
- It provides the best practical advice on creating your own meal plans. It includes not only what to eat, but how to select foods and how to optimize your cooking time.
Undoubtedly, the book to buy if you want smart results on the vegetarian diet.
... And yes, I found an answer to my protein question!
D.G in Canada
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
My favorite part of the book is Chapter 14, with its many practical suggestions for quick and easy meals and snacks. I think that it, by itself, is worth the price of the book. The suggestions are great for busy vegetarians (which includes all athletes and most other non-athlete vegetarians I know). The nutrition athletes need is translated into foods they can easily get hold of, prepare (if necessary), and actually eat. The author does a great job of giving vegetarians lots of do-able options.
It was very helpful in finding areas in my diet that need to be improved in relation to nurtition.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Vegetables & Vegetarian > Vegan
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Vegan
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Special Conditions
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition
- Books > Sports & Outdoors