march boutiques-francophones SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 11, 2010
A staple during the holiday season, my boys beg to hear about "Dave and Morley" year after year. While we love all the stories, "Polly Anderson's Christmas Party" is a family favourite. The line "Come and get me copper" still cracks us all up and it's often used as a battle cry for all sorts of occasions: bath time, bed time, visit to the dentist. It's especially good for road trips when you have a good chunk of time to enjoy these tales. I always arrive at our destination with a smile on my face - largely due to these hilarious stories and partly because they boys haven't thought about their electronics for a couple of hours.
on November 25, 2008
Stuart McLean has a way with story telling and this series of Christmas stories is no exception. The CD tells stories of family Christmas experiences, from unusual methods of decorating for the holidays to Dave's famous ordeal with cooking the Christmas turkey. The main characters consist of a group of neighbours and feature individual families within this community. Put this CD in your car and listen to the stories as you travel to various places over the Christmas season. Just make sure that you'll be in the car for at least 20 minutes at a time.
on November 30, 2011
For those who know the Vinyl Cafe, you don't need this review. For those who don't, this is the best Christmas material north of the Grinch. It is laugh-till-you-cry funny, literally, as is almost all Vinyl Cafe. It is also family friendly. Highly, highly, highly recommend.
on January 18, 2012
If you have some driving to do this Christmas your family will be howling with laughter listening to these great Christmas stories! Each story is 20 minutes long so they're perfect for drives out to the country or those long 2 hour drives to family Christmas get-togethers. Wherever you destination is, you'll arrive in a 'jolly' good mood!
on August 10, 2012
Stuart McLean at his best - all the oldies still make me laugh out loud. Great for long car rides - each story is longer than 20 minutes - Christmas on the Road was touching and my favourite - I am a sucker for stories that pull on my heart strings!
on September 26, 2012
Such an easy listen for a long drive. Brings back fond memories from childhood. I would recommend this cd for anyone who enjoys a clean sense of humor and a story teller whose voice is clearly understood.
on January 15, 2014
Anything Stuart McLean is a must have, though this CD has to have an extra two stars just for the story "Dave Cooks the Turkey"!!
on October 22, 2012
Was very pleased with the Vinyl cafe and the cost was great so was the quick service. Will do it again
on January 16, 2016
Our whole family enjoyed it. Very funny. We listened on Christmas Day to entertain!
on October 12, 2009
I had lost my original CD. Had enjoyed it so much I ordered another. Like to listen to this many times during the Holiday Season. Very laughable.