- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Vlasov and the Russian Liberation Movement: Soviet Reality and Emigré Theories Paperback – Mar 30 1990
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Her main aim is to synthesize and comment on the political ideas of the Russians and others associated with what she properly calls not simply the 'Vlasov movement' but the Russian Liberation Movement....Her book includes a comprehensive and judicious survey of what others have done, full citations to sources, and an extensive bibliography. The writing is clear, graceful, and precise." American Historical Review
"...an elegant, authoritative but highly readable book." The Journal of Soviet Military Studies
"Andreyev's book is likely to become the standard reference work on an important movement whose leading figures were hanged in Moscow in August 1946" Journal of Ukrainian Studies
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Almost at once after the outbreak of war between the USSR and the Third Reich on 22 June 1941, Soviet citizens in German hands, particularly prisoners-of-war and those civilians employed as forced labour by the Nazis, made clear their active opposition to Stalin and his regime. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Of more disappointment is that the entire essence of the book is covered in the first 80 pages and the remainder are opinions or various interpretations of the same material, yet almost $100? Hardly seems worth the money . . .
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > United States > 20th Century > World War II
- Books > History > Asia > Russia
- Books > History > Europe > England
- Books > History > Military > World War II
- Books > History > Russia
- Books > History > United States > 20th Century > World War II
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > Europe
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > Military