Vogue® Knitting: The Ultimate Hat Book: History * Technique * Design Hardcover – Nov 6 2012
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Too often, publishers will print knitting books that rely too heavily on specific yarns as crutches for simple or flawed designs. But these designs are immaculate. This book provides the knitter with basic instructions that can be modified for different yarns (as long as the yarn is the same weight), which is great for hats, because let's be honest - who doesn't have that one skein left over from a fancy shrug? The publishers have even printed the standard yarn weight info chart into the back of the book for easy reference. Unfortunately, the patterns don't offer adaptations for yarns of different weights. In something that strives to be a reference book, that's just lazy.
To its credit, the book demonstrates how the basic design can be adapted and embellished, so those with a more creative or experimental bent might have an outlet for their yarn artistry.
Finally, I love the big full-page pictures. It allows the knitter to see both fit and pattern in detail.
There are two reasons why I gave this a 3-star instead of a 5-star rating:
1. It's in hardcover, and not spiral bound. It's clunky and impractical. Knitting books rarely double as coffee-table books.
2. I would have liked to see more options for different yarn weights, especially for the fitted hats. Seriously, get on board with this, Vogue Knitting. Most knitters are not going to be buying some fancy yarn just for one hat. They're going to go to their stash. Every single one of these pieces could be substituted with half a dozen different types of yarn. Demonstrate how that can work.
I've already made half the hats in this book and highly recommend it to intermediate to advance knitters.
Most recent customer reviews
Many many patterns to choose from. Different patterns but not that many sizing available for all hats. I truly recommend this bookPublished 18 months ago by Carole Dufort
nice variate of hats with different style and very fashion
also good to use them as a base for new ideas
It took me a while to choose what hat to knit, and knitting itself was so easy. Easy knit hats, classic and at the same time so today patterns. There is something for everybody. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Agnija
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Knitting
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Needlecrafts & Textile Crafts > Fashion
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Needlecrafts & Textile Crafts > Needlework
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Reference