WE ARE ALL RELATED: CELEBRATION OF OUR CULTURAL HERITAGE Paperback – Apr 1 2000
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Gr. 3^-6. Students from the G. T. Cunningham Elementary School in Vancouver, British Columbia, participated in a yearlong artist-in-residence program that emphasized intergenerational and intercultural studies. Children created mixed-media collages and explanatory text that became the traveling art exhibit reproduced in this volume. Twenty-eight selections, by artists from 8 to 12 years old, depict the cultural and individual heritages of these students. The accompanying text--transcribed in both English and the student's native language--explains each family's values and includes pieces by the child and a family elder. Viewed as a whole, the presentation underscores the fact that beneath exterior differences, people are much the same. An excellent choice for multicultural units, especially those involving art classes. Kay Weisman
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > History & Criticism > Themes
- Books > Children's Books > Geography & Cultures > Cultural Studies
- Books > Children's Books > Geography & Cultures > Explore the World > Canada
- Books > Kids & Family Store > Ages 9-12
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Cultural
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Inspirational