Wage-earning Women: Industrial Work And Family Life in the United States, 1900-1930 Hardcover – Sep 20 1979
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"[A] beautifully written study....[It] offers a truly fresh perspective on women's past work experience while at the same time raising important new questions about the interpretation of present trends."--Social Science Journal
"A vivid picture of the close relationship between family and job. [Wage-Earning Women] offers a compelling description of carefully regulated lives, seeking joy in small doses and then withdrawing to re-create a new cycle of family life."--Journal of American History
"Tentler achieves a remarkable understanding of the working woman....Much of the effectiveness of this book's argument lies in the skill with which the author moves from the workplace to the home in locating the mutual reinforcing influences of each."--Labor History --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
About the Author
Leslie Woodcock Tentler is at University of Michigan, Dearborn. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Industrial Relations
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Linguistics
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Gastroenterology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > Reference
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Applied
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > Levels of Government
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Gastroenterology
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Linguistics
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Gastroenterology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science