Water Architecture in South Asia: A Study of Types, Developments and Meanings Hardcover – Nov 14 2001
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
'...a systematic investigation, a complete and exhaustive treatment of a subject which, until now, has only been treated in a partial, framentary manner or has been restricted to smaller geographical areas than that covered by this book.' Giulia Annalinda Neglia, Journal of the Islamic Environmental Design Research Centre, 2002. '...a fine example of extensive fieldwork, imagination, and intelligent ambition.' Michael W. Meister, South Asian Studies.
About the Author
Julia A.B. Hegewald read South Asian Art History and Indian Languages at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) in London, and is now Research Fellow in Indian Architecture at University College, Oxford. She has carried out fieldwork throughout the Indian subcontinent and has published extensively on the art and architecture of South Asia.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > History & Criticism > Regional > Asian
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Interior Design
- Books > History > Asia
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Archaeology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Interior Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Reference
- Books > Science & Math > Archaeology
- Books > Textbooks > Architecture
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Architecture
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > Asia
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences