No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
|Digital List Price:||CDN$ 116.99|
|Print List Price:||CDN$ 116.99|
Save CDN$ 23.40 (20%)
|New from||Used from|
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
But for a functioning web site he recommends what is sometimes called LAMP - for Linux, Apache, MySql and PHP. To summarize why:
The software is FREE, a very good price.
It doesn't crash as often
It runs faster so you can use a slower computer.
By the time you finish, you'll probably want at least one book on each of these software packages, but here is an excellent place to start. It gives you enough to get started and you only need to go deeper into each of these packages when you start getting fancier. The nice thing about this book is that it gives you everything you need to get started in a well written, easy to understand way.
Mr. Gabarro, there are two things I would suggest for your next edition: One, include a cd of a working collection of the four packages rather than saying go get any distribution, and two, talk a little about past and emerging technologies such as Cold Fusion for the past, and Ruby on Rails for the future. I'd be interested in your opinions.
I've read 20% of the book so far. The main thing I like is the fact there is no fluff in the book. It gives all the basic material needed in a very organized manner. I appreciated the advice on frames. I have avoided using frames because other authors recommend avoiding them, and their instruction on them was very limited as a result. Could it be these other authors were biased towards using tables, or possibly do not fully understand frames? Anyway, I plan to incorporate frames into my future website development, as a result of this book. Thanks Mr. Gabarro!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Specific Databases > MySQL & mSQL
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > PHP
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Software Design & Engineering
- Kindle Store > English Language Store
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development