- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Web Design All-in-One For Dummies Paperback – May 11 2009
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Everything you need to know to create dazzling Web designs is in one of these minibooks
A Web designer is a graphic designer, creative organizer, visual communicator, markup language technologist, and cutting-edge trendsetter, all in one. This All-in-One guide helps you wear all those hats without losing your head! Learn to lay the groundwork, follow design rules, test your site, register a domain name, and more. Ready to get started?
- Start here Book I covers planning, defining your target audience, choosing the right software, and more
Build it Book III gets down to nuts and bolts: putting text, images, hyperlinks, and multimedia files together, organizing content, and building navigation systems
Does it work? Book IV teaches you how to test and validate so everyone can enjoy your site
Maintenance and more Book V helps you get your site online and keep it current
Open the book and find:
- How to choose a Web editor and graphics program
Tips for attracting visitors
Why and how to slice up graphics
How to make your site accessible to the widest possible audience
What a layers-based layout is
How to use Dreamweaver® templates
Ethical SEO techniques and how to use them
When to ask for help from a pro
About the Author
Sue Jenkins is a professional designer with experience in Web sites, print media, logo design, and illustration. She is the author of several books and?teaches Adobe software; has created training videos on Dreamweaver, Illustrator,?and Photoshop; and operates Luckychair, a Web and graphic design studio (www.luckychair.com).
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The last section on publishing and site maintenance is especially helpful for my needs. It's got step by step directions that easily walk me through how to upload new files to the site. In addition to the step by step directions, all of the background information - like how ftp programs work - is written in such an engaging manner that I keep wanting to know more.
I'm sure I'll end up reading every page - especially the section on designing for the web, which will be helpful in assessing whether the website is accomplishing all of my goals. I'll also be pouring over the section on search engine optimization.
I think Web Design All-in-One is a great book for anybody who owns a website.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Introductory & Beginning > For Dummies - Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Introductory Guides
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Home & Office > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Home & Office > Internet > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Programming > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Software > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Web Development > Scripting & Programming
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems