- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Webster's New World Computer Dictionary, 10th Edition Paperback – Apr 18 2003
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Comprehensive, authoritative and user-friendly!
Whether youre a computer novice or a computer professional, Websters New World Computer Dictionary is one of the most useful references you can buy.
It gives you clear and concise definitions for more than 4,750 up-to-date computer terms, including 250 that are completely new to this edition.
Youll find current coverage of the latest standards and protocols in storage, memory, peripherals, and moreplus updated and expanded information on computer security, legislation, and computer and Internet technology. Cross-referencing throughout directs you effortlessly to related terms and concepts that help you understand more about a given subject and put it into a larger context.
From using e-mail and going on the Internet (attachment, computer virus, cookie, shopping cart) to buying or upgrading a computer (Ethernet, G4, Pentium 4, SDRAM) to boning up on terminology for a computer industry job (Advanced Encryption Standard, timecode editing, virtual private network), this invaluable resource gives you instant flip-and-find access to the information you needfrom A (applet) to Z (zip drive).
About the Author
BRYAN PFAFFENBERGER, Ph.D., is the author of more than 75 books on personal computing, and teaches technical writing and the sociology of technology at the University of Virginia's Division of Technology, Culture, and Communication.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Culture
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Introductory & Beginning > Computer Dictionaries
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Computer
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Science
- Books > Education & Reference > Spanish-Language Reference
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Computer Science
- Books > Textbooks > Reference > Dictionaries