Eating the recommended five servings of fruits and vegetables isn't always easy. Even if you do, you still might not be getting the wide range of vitamins and minerals you need. Each color group of fruits and vegetables offers different beneficial effects, so to get these essential nutrients, you have to eat the rainbow! What Color Is Your Smoothie? helps you do just that. Inside, you'll find delicious, easy-to-make recipes, such as:
- Sparkling Strawberry Smoothiebright red strawberries are packed with vitamin C. They also contain heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and belly-filling fiber.
- Clever Carrots and Spiceorange carrots are full of beta-carotene, which helps prevent cancer, arthritis, and cardiovascular disease
- Pineapple Banana Creamyellow bananas are rich in carotenoids, which can decrease the likelihood of lung cancer
- Spicy Spinach Smoothiedark green veggies contain phytochemicals, which can protect your eyes by keeping your retinas strong
- Blueberry Blastoff Smoothieblue and purple foods contain flavonoids, which help prevent short-term memory loss