Before I bought the "What hits!?" complication, I never really knew the meaning of funky (in that context). But then I stumbled upon this gem, which screams funkadelic at the top of it's lungs. Normally I set a track-by-track review, but it has 18 tracks (of gold). so instead I will just mention the Highlights. Ratings are not nessicary since there is no filler.
1) Higer ground: A flawless version of Stevie Wonder's "Higher Ground.
2) Fight like a brave: Track 1 on "The uplift mofo party plan", it is a funky type of song, that sort of sounds like it was made by RUN D-M-C, or that Beastie boys song, only it has one person singing it.
3) Under the bridge: There first major ballad! It doesn't sound like the other songs, but is still very good.
4) Jungle man: Kind of hard to discribe. I would say it's funky, but not in a rap way.
5) Jhony kick a hole in the sky: One of those tracks with the woman singing in the backround for part of it.
Before I go, I would like to tell you, if you are a new fan, then you can buy this cd beacause with an open mind this cd is good for anyone who is intrested in this group, exept for the die hard fans who have all of there old albums. Just remember that the Anthony Kedis in this album, and the Anthony Kedis in "Californication", or in their latest, sound nothing like each other,exept for in "Under the bridge". That doesn't mean the old stuff is bad (notice how I gave it five stars), it is just different, and takes almost no adjusting to.
For now I think that you are about to throw out your back and since I reside in your spine, I must go.