on December 26, 2011
This is an excellent book, and diet... I have been eating no wheat for the past month because of this book and I feel 100% amazing.
The bloating and digestive issues that used to plague me are completely gone. My skin is glowing. I have more energy. And I have lost my "wheat belly."
When you embark on a wheat free diet, you quickly realize that almost everything we eat contains gluten. So it has been a big adjustment trying to find foods I can eat. But it's all worth it when you see the results. I am eating healthier and less processed foods. If you are skeptical, the least you can do is give it a try for a couple of weeks. I am confident you will notice a huge difference. Thanks to author for putting this important information out there.
on June 5, 2012
This book has literally saved my life.

17 years after being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia I came upon this book. That was 4 months ago and thus far, by eliminating Wheat products from my diet, I have been able to wean myself off of 900 mg/daily of medication for the pain associated with the Fibromyalgia. The 'fibro-fog' has all but disappeared. I've been able to reduce my thyroid medication by 50%. My arthritis joints are less stiff. I'm sleeping better and my energy levels are on the climb.

I feel now there is some hope that I will be able to work my way back to a semblance of 'normal life' that I once enjoyed.
Already, just by eliminating 'wheat' and wheat products I feel so much better.

I'm not sure how long it will take for my body to clear fully the pain medication I took for so long but from here on every day will get better, I'm sure.

The blessing of this approach to better health is that by going wheat free one risks nothing. I can't hurt you. There are no other products to buy. There is plenty of healthy food still available to eat. It will cost nothing to give it a try and for many of us it might just change your health and life for the better.
on October 23, 2011
Davis lets us know the consequences of eating too much in the way wheat based foods such as bread and pasta. He makes a convincing case for reducing processed carbohydrates and his plan does work. I would like to have seen a more comprehensive meal plan and options for each meal but his overview is solid and easy to understand. I expect that meal plans included in a recipe book will be forthcoming. For those who are serious about limiting carbs this book is well worth reading.
on June 19, 2016
The book was an eye opener. It made a lot of sense. I tried to follow a no wheat diet for about two weeks and did feel wonderful.
It works if you can do it. But hey, I love my bread. I like to have a sandwich at lunch and I'm not willing to give this up.
on July 28, 2014
A very informative book about how wheat has evolved and possibly makes us all fat. I guess in order to get through to as many people as possible (or make the book longer) I found the author really explains things out in detail. This makes it a slow read and I think the book could be condensed and still have all the same information. I'm glad I read it and I'll look at wheat in a different way now but most people still believe that whole wheat bread is very healthy and look at me funny when I try to explain that it's not.
on October 17, 2012
This book was easy to read even if you don't have a scientific background (I am a retired RN). I have known and experenced many problems with wheat myself as have many people in my family. While not a technical "wheat allergy" wheat has been the culprit of many evils. I have avoided wheat for many years and always feel better when I do.

This book shows the many ways in which wheat can "hide" the problems that it creates. You would not generally think that an intake of a food would have such a wide body based impact and that removing it from you diet would have such a positive responce.

I have already recommened this book to several RN friends and they have been very impressed with the facts. I have also had a geat responce from family that has read the book. If you suspect that wheat might be a problem this is a MUST read! Even if you are unsure but experience problems losing weight or feeling your best this book is definately worth the money.

I will continue to recommend this book to anyone who asks me how I lost so much weight.(over 110 pounds) Even if I lost the weight proior to reading the book my total avoidance of wheat was a BIG factor and this book finally gave a scientific background for why my plan worked. Of course I eat a healthy diet rich and fruits and veggies and exercise. This book is a must read for anyone struggling with weight loss.
on October 26, 2011
I was fascinated by the science in this book. The evolution of the wheat plant - WHEAT! - in the last fifty years, reads like science fiction but has a ring of truth. I was so impressed that I stopped eating bread that very day. In two weeks, I lost seven pounds. And I stopped craving bread products. I expect that my blood sugar took a healthy dive, too. But that remains to be seen. Meantime, I wonder who will be writing the rebuttal? Monsanto?
on January 8, 2013
I started out reading this book full of hope at all of the well researched details about the negative effects wheat has in our diets and on our health. The author has really done his homework well and is quite knowledgeable. Where I lost confidence was in the conclusion he draws from those findings. He seems to use the words grains and gluten interchangeably in his conclusions. Even carbohydrates are skewered interchangeably with wheat. There is never any research to support his conclusions that because wheat is no longer the healthy grain we though it was, all grains/gluten containing foods and most carbs are also bad. He supports a low carb diet, a gluten-free diet as well as a wheat free diet. He lost me there and because of that, I don't trust this book and its conclusions.
on January 2, 2012
This book gives you a real reason to beware of frankenfoods.. and spotlights the modern dwarf wheat that is a very pervading ingredient in even very unsuspecting common consumables. It takes a great degree of mindfulness to avoid ingesting these types of foods and sometimes it is impossible to know for sure, as these food companies are not required by law to admit to GMO ingredients, and we all know how useless the FDA is in protecting our health. I have since emailed a couple of companies and the response was "we cannot gaurentee our product is GMO free". This book will make you understand the gluten free craze. This book is important for everyone to read, even if you don't currently have any digestive issues. Prevention, prevention, prevention. Let your food be your medicine. Excellent education for health.
on July 3, 2012
This is an amazing book that has helped me to understand why I have had so many health issues in the recent past.
It infoms us that the wheat has been transformed into a "new" wheat that has detrimental effects on our bodies such as diabetes, cholestoral, weight gain, arthitis and cancer.
I have been following the program for 4 weeks now and feel totally different...pain has decreased dramatically!

I highly reccommend this book...a great and informative read.