Where Blood And Fire Bring Res
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. Lies Of Serpents, A River Of Tears|
|2. To Think Of You Is To Treasure An Absent Memory|
|3. A Fall Farewell|
|6. Ravage Ritual|
|7. Fifteen Rhema|
|8. For A Fair Desire|
|9. The Latter Rain|
Top Customer Reviews
I judge all hardcore bands by Zao. They are the pinnacle of metalcore, this album being their most pure and prime example. Their only work that could be classified as better than any song on this album would be found on their split with training for utopia. Dan's voice was never better. His lyrics on this album are unparalleled. Pitch harmonics and huge riffs make for some of the best guitar work I've heard in a long time, though no soloing (but this IS a hardcore band). No matter what my mood this disc fits, it is in constant rotation in my collection.
When you see these guys live, all the songs off this album are spine tingling. The sound takes a hold of you, it will pump you up and in its closing track it will calm you back down. From the opening riff of "lies of serpents a river of tears", to the final respects in "a fall farewell", the savagery of "ravage ritual", the shear intensity and perfection of "the latter rain" followed by the massaging calm of "violet" it is a full frontal attack upon the senses.
This is not an album it is an experience.
Five stars without a doubt.
Also if you love this bands sound you should check out "Redeem - a Diadem of Beauty".
1. "Lies of Serpents..." - pretty good opener, nice riffs but a little short..
2. "To Think of You..." - a heartfelt and actually somewhat beautiful lament over a friends death, really melodic guitars and a great chorus even though some of the riffs seemed a little erratic
3. "A Fall Farewell" - another song about a dead friend.... heavy, insance vocals as usual, one of my favorites
4. "March" - this track pretty much just plods along with a few slow riffs and extremely religious lyrics, should have been shorter
5. "Ember" - another favorite, a few fast catchy riffs and some nice melodic leads...a little short
6. "Ravage Ritual" - weird voice-over intro, the song isn't bad but the lyrics are just so preachy its hard to enjoy it
7. "Fifteen Rhema" - an ok track but it seems a little standard for zao, the riffs sound almost random sometimes
8. "For a Fair Desire" - some great leads and rhythm guitars, one of the album's better tracks
9. "The Latter Rain" - beginning is a little slow but it picks up...an ok track
10. "Violet" - a pretty instrumental piano track but still a little pointless, and it doesn't really fit with the rest of the cd
Overall not a bad cd, standout tracks are "Lies of Serpents A River of Tears", "A Fall Farewell" and "To Think of You is to Treasure an Absent Memory"
Most recent customer reviews
"Where blood and fire bring rest" is one of those cd's where you're proud to be a hardcore fan. Dan's vocals are the best in the business. Read morePublished on May 17 2004
the record that set the standard for this style of music. vocals are cool, bass. drums etc are all good here. This one got people talking and made some serious fans QUICK! Read morePublished on March 2 2004 by Lotus Scrum
Each song is very very good. My favorite tracks are 2 and 5 and 9. This is Dan's first shot at Zao and he really outshines Shawn (Splinter shards...) I think. Shawn was good. Read morePublished on Dec 8 2003 by Andy
This is one of the first hardcore CDs i heard and it's still one of my favorites. If you're into hardcore at all, Zao are to hardcore like the Beatles are to rock. Read morePublished on Aug. 21 2003 by T. sho
this is one of my all-time favorite albums.
with 3/4 of the original zao gone, lone original member, jesse smith, put together the most devastatingly beautiful metalcore band... Read more
I love Zao, and I love how they mature through each album, and this is no exception. This CD is more of a hardcore/metal CD than just straight up death metal. Read morePublished on March 7 2003 by Tom Servo
Zao is by far the best christian band out there. I wouldnt be able to tell just by listening to their music. Read morePublished on Feb. 17 2003 by SLIPSINNER 666
I have this cd it is by far the best christian hardcore around. Every song is a hit you cant go wrong a must buy.Published on Feb. 3 2003
Ok, why the heck does this only have 4 and a half stars??? Oh well. Anyways, This was Zao's first album with their new line up after Splinter. Read morePublished on Dec 31 2002 by Evan