|Price:||CDN$ 10.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)|
|2. Just The Lonely Talking Again|
|3. Love Will Save The Day|
|4. Didn't We Almost Have It All|
|5. So Emotional|
|6. Where You Are|
|7. Love Is A Contact Sport|
|8. You're Still My Man|
|9. For The Love Of You|
|10. Where Do Broken Hearts Go|
|11. I Know Him So Well|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
To truly appreciate the raw talent of Whitney, a greatest hits album is simply not enough. She has 19 charted albums on Billboard 200 Album Chart. If you want to collect individual Whitney's albums on CDs, the three must-owns are 1) Whitney Houston, her first release, 2) The Bodyguard (both reviewed by myself elsewhere) and 3) Whitney, her second release, that is being reviewed here.
Whitney stayed at Number 1 on Billboard Top 200 Album Chart for 11 weeks, and sold over 9 million copies. The audio was very well remastered. There are 11 very catchy tunes:
Track 01 I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)(#1 for 2 weeks/1987)
Track 02 Just The Lonely Talking Again (album track)
Track 03 Love Will Save The Day (#9/1988)
Track 04 Didn't We Almost Have It All (#1 for 2 weeks/1987)
Track 05 So Emotional (#1/1987)
Track 06 Where You Are (b-side to Where Do Broken Hearts Go)
Track 07 Love Is A Contact Sport (b-side to One Moment In Time)
Track 08 You're Still My Man (album track)
Track 09 For The Love Of You (b-side to So Emotional)
Track 10 Where Do Broken Hearts Go (#1 for 2 weeks/1988)
Track 11 I Know Him So Well (album track)
Whitney is her second album, and also has many chart-topping hits and catchy tunes. This album is highly recommended and is a must-own as part of your Whitney Houston collection.
The sound of the album is more of a sythesized-pop/R&B feel (remember, this WAS the 80s), with the signature Whitney Houston ballads. The album features productions and writing from Narada Michael Walden (who produced most of the album - and frequently produced for many, many artists throughout the 80s and early 90s), Jellybean, Billy Steinberg/Tom Kelly, and Michael Masser, among others.
Most notable hits are "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)", "So Emotional" (my personal favorite), "Love Will Save The Day", "Where Do Broken Hearts Go," and "Didn't We Almost Have It All." Another notable song is "I Know Him So Well" which features Whitney's mother Cissy Houston.
Overall, if you are a fan of the great pop sounds of the 80s, or just addicted to Whitney's amazing voice, this is for you!
1. I Wanna Dance With Somebody: I didn't really appreciate this album until I found out who sang it, and heard the whole thing. It really grows on you. Same writers who wrote "How Will I Know" wrote this. Great way to start the album.
2. Just The Lonely Again: I haven't listened this song a lot, but it's a pretty song. Great vocals, as usual.
3. Love Will Save The Day: At first, I passed this song, and when I finally listened to it, I learned it has an amazing beat, and catchy lyrics.
4. Didn't We Almost Have It All: love this song! Whitney sounds great, chorus will hook you.
5. So Emotional: Fun song, very upbeat. Whitney sings with attitude in this song. The video is great.
6. Where You Are: You may appreciate this song more for it's vocals, but it's a nice slow song.
7. Love Is A Contact Sport: My favorite song off the album. Though it wasn't a huge hit, or a well known Whitney song, it's got cute lyrics, and an awesome sound. Whitney sounds fantastic.
8. You're Still My Man: I like the sound of Whitney in this song. It doesn't stand out as much as others, though.
9. For The Love Of You: Mid tempo song. Good song to relax to.
10. Where Do Broken Hearts Go?: Whitney didn't want to do this song, but I;m glad she did. It's a very pretty song, one of the highlights on this album. Her 7th consecutive #1 hit.
11. I Know Him So Well: Duet with Whitney's mom, Cissy Houston. Both of them sounded great together.
Anyone who appreciates a great album with variety should get this as soon as possible.
Most recent customer reviews
She was the best singer I've ever heard ! Aside from Barbara Streisand. It was a good cd! I'm glad i got it!Published 2 months ago by Mary Dobson
Thank you so much for sending the CD on time! Being a long time "Whitney" fan having this recording now on CD, is so great! Read morePublished 10 months ago by W. Ian Walker
If you are a Whitney fan and a collector of her music, this is a great album to have.
I really love this album.
It may not be as great as Michael Jackson's albums like Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, History, or Off The Wall and etc... Read morePublished on July 16 2004 by JAB..
Not only are the megahits "So Emotional", "Didn't We Almost" and "I Wanna Dance" on here, so is a hidden gem called "Where You Are"-- though... Read morePublished on June 1 2004
I think Whitney Houston is a great singer, she has a very powerful voice. This album would be good if not for the TOTALLY outdated '80s sound! Read morePublished on March 6 2004
The debut by Whitney is worth all the praise. Fantastic voice.Published on Dec 30 2003 by Dance Dance Dance